October 25, 2018

Thursday - Sunny and warm.  Lovely day.

A very good day!

I didn’t want to wake up this morning, but I finally dragged myself out of bed early on. I got dressed for going out and then went downstairs and got my breakfast.  I told K that I was going to go out later on.

I came upstairs, watched some of NCIS and then left the house a few minutes before the Google Map said I had to! I made fairly reasonable time, even though I got lost along the way. My bus was a few minutes late, but that was okay too. I hopped on and then hopped off when I got to my stop. From there I walked to Machinaka Cinema and went to see On Chesil Beach.  The reviews I read were quite mixed, and to be honest, so were my feelings about it. The acting was top notch, but the story seemed so dated in a way that I just wasn’t enthralled by it.  I think if I had read the novel I might feel more strongly about it. It was okay, but I wouldn’t really recommend it.  

After the movie, I went into the bakery in the cinema and bought a couple of nice baked things. I went to a quiet corner of the theatre grounds and had a little picnic by myself. After that, I walked over to my hairdresser’s salon. I went in and asked if I could get a cut today. She said I could, but not until 4 pm. It was a little after 1 at that time, but that wasn’t a problem. I walked to the mall and did a little shopping. I bought myself a drink and used the wifi at a bakery, then did a little more shopping. When 4 pm was getting close, I walked back to my hairdresser’s.

I hadn’t brought a picture today, so my hairdresser was able to do what she wanted in the basic style I like. It was fun and very enjoyable for me.

We said our goodbyes when it was over and she gave me my calendar and some hand cream.  Yay!

I walked to the mall and did a little more shopping. I got a couple of Christmas presents bought and then went to Doutor for a drink and a cookie.  

F called me after a few minutes and said he’d finished work. I told him where I was and he joined me.  He didn’t want a drink or anything, so I finished mine up and then we went off to buy his mother a bento. He missed the turn to the good grocery store, so we went to the little one near his house. He picked something up for his mother, I picked something up for my lunch and then we took them all back to the house. F gave his mother the bento, I unpacked my backpack and then we headed out again for our dinner. I had suggested a fish place for F earlier and he liked that idea, but then he changed his mind and wanted to go to the yakiniku buffet place. We haven’t been in ages. I don’t mind, but F doesn’t always like to eat meat. I suggested Pisolino, the Italian buffet place as an alternative, since it isn’t all meat based and I have a coupon for it.  Yakiniku won out and off we went. We actually turned back once when we got there as it seemed a bit expensive, but decided to go in.  

We both ate too much of course, but I did spend all day walking around Tsuruoka, so didn’t mind too much.  

After dinner, we came back to the house. I watched a bit of TV and F relaxed.  And that was it. I have no idea what to do tomorrow.  Come back later and find out how things go.  Until tomorrow…

No comments: