October 27, 2018

Saturday - Rainy and windy

An okay day.

I got up this morning to an empty house. I knew that F was planning to take his mother out to the onsen, I just assumed he’d tell me he was leaving. He didn’t. 

I got up and took care of a couple of personal things, then dressed and made the beds, and got my breakfast. I was just sitting down to it when they came back to the house. F came upstairs and basically wanted to know when I’d be ready to go out.  I had no idea what I was supposed to go out for so said I wasn’t.  We had a few harsh words and then he left, to go out he said.  

I ate my breakfast, calmed down, and then finished wrapping up my sister’s present.  Basically, I just sealed the box.  I took it downstairs and F was sitting in the living room with his mother. I asked him to take me to the post office which he did. Yay.

We got the box in the mail and I even saw a friend briefly while we were there.  When we were done, we got back in the car and I asked F what we should do.  He suggested driving out to the aquarium. I didn’t really want to go, but I didn’t have any better ideas and it wouldn’t cost us anything as we’re both members.  Getting from the car to the aquarium was really difficult as the wind was so strong.  My umbrella is a good one and it’s strong, but I’m not, so I took lots of breaks.  Finally, we made it, but the parts of me that weren’t covered by the umbrella were wet.  

We hacked around the aquarium, had some jellyfish ice cream, watched the seal show (not my idea) and then we decided to eat at the aquarium.  F had the fugu sashimi meal and I had the sawara meal. It was a few kinds of sashimi. They were both quite nice.  F seemed more cheerful after lunch.  Hurray.
My lunch...

F's Fugu Sashimi lunch
I thought this was just the funniest name for a fish.

View from the restaurant in the aquarium.  The sea was rough today.

We finally left the aquarium and on the way back stopped for coffee and cake at a bakery.  It was nice.  I made F get K a treat too. She hadn’t seen us all day.

When we got back to the house, K was in bed. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon and she’d gone to BED.  I can understand taking a nap, but BED.  F and I came upstairs and rested.  He might have napped, I didn’t. I was on my computer for a while.

We planned to go and see a movie tonight so F asked about dinner. Honestly, I wasn’t hungry and said so. I thought we agreed not to go for a meal as he said he wasn’t hungry either.  However, around 6:30 he started asking for food.  Fine. Dinner it was. We had the usual annoying row over where to go. He wanted ramen, I didn’t. Apparently, none of the places that serve ramen and other things has good ramen in his opinion.  I finally suggested Gusto which he agreed to but wasn’t happy.  He had a meal with oysters and rice, I had a pizza. It was okay, just a bit cold.

We went to see The Predator tonight and it was okay. I enjoyed it at the time but did notice more than a few plot holes. Thinking about it later, I decided it wasn’t good, especially in comparison to the other Predator films…Predators is one of my faves, and this one doesn’t hold a candle to it.  

After the movie we picked up a few things at the grocery store, then came back to the house. I watched a bit of TV, F went to bed.  

We don’t seem to have any plans for tomorrow.  Poor us.

Oh, news from around the city…the Starbucks opens November 13th, can’t wait.  There’s a new steak place opening where the Bikkuri Donkey!! was, and the restaurant near F’s house, Bimi is being worked on. It looked and sounded like they were gutting it today. Good!  That place had horrid food.  I have never felt like going there in the year plus that I’ve lived here again. 
I'm excited!! 
And that’s about it. Come back tomorrow if you like and see how my day goes. I’m off to bed now. Until tomorrow….


No comments: