October 28, 2018

Sunday - Colder with some rain

An odd day again.

I slept in rather late this morning and was a bit surprised. I got up, went downstairs for a moment and then came back upstairs. I got dressed and expected that F would want to go out for lunch soon.  When he came upstairs, however, he basically went back to sleep. I was quite annoyed. It turned out that he’d had breakfast and lunch today…I completely get that he should have breakfast but lunch? He didn’t even ask me if I wanted any? He slept so I went down and made myself some toast and brought it upstairs again to eat.  

I spent the afternoon with my computer. It was okay, but not a lot of fun. Around 4 I heard K calling for F, so I went down and said he was sleeping.  She was halfway up the stairs and made to go around me when I said I didn’t want to wake him. It’s so hard to communicate with her because she’s a stubborn, deaf 80-something year-old who is too used to getting her own way.  F was awake because of the noise anyway and went downstairs with her.  It seems his uncle had stopped by…no one in this country seems to have heard of calling first.  

They were down there for a while and I stayed upstairs. When F came back it was around 5 and he started talking about dinner. I suggested that we take his mother out since she hasn’t been out much this weekend. He agreed and we all decided to go to Kintaro Sushi.  

We all got in the car and went out. Kintaro was a bit busy tonight, but we only had to wait around 15 minutes for seats, so not too bad. We had a lot of nice sushi and some miso soup.  I think we all enjoyed dinner.

After dinner, we brought K back to the house and I checked the fridge.  F and I went out again. I had suggested karaoke but didn’t push too hard. F wasn’t in the mood…he never is these days. We ended up at McDonald's for some wifi that didn’t work all that well.  I shared a dish of fries with F and then had a cinnamelts to myself.  

We bought a few groceries when we finally left the restaurant.  Of course, us being us, we had an argument in the store. I had suggested making nabe for tomorrow night’s dinner.  F liked that so started to gather the ingredients.  At one point he asked me if I’d prefer chicken or pork.  I told him either was fine so he started to look for oysters?  I don’t like oysters and said so. Then I suggested getting a bought nabe soup and he said he had some.  It’s the stuff I hate because it has no taste whatsoever. I told him to go ahead, with a bit of a dirty look, and he said “NO!” and put all the ingredients back.  Fine then. Don’t complain when we have to go out for dinner again tomorrow.  I offered to use my chicken consommé for a base, it is so much nicer than the crap he uses. 

We drove back to the house and unpacked the bag.  I watched a bit of TV upstairs, but during the one program I actually wanted to watch, F became a Chatty Cathy and wouldn’t let me watch it. Poor me.

He was quite pleasant and huggy tonight so has maybe forgotten all about the grocery store incident. I basically call today a waste.  I had wanted to go shopping for some of the basic necessities we need for this house, but he would rather nap.  I get it, he does have the right to rest and enjoy being here, it’s just that I spend all my time here and can’t wait to get the hell out. Sigh. 


Well, that’s it for me for tonight. I’ll most likely be here tomorrow night. Come back and see!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: