October 8, 2018

Monday - Sunny and gorgeous

Happy Thanksgiving! A good day.

Yesterday wasn’t good if you remember and I wasn’t sure what would happen today. I knew that my friend was in my city, but not when she wanted to meet up. I had assumed that she and her husband would want to do some things alone today, so didn’t make set plans. I also went to bed latish and didn’t set my alarm in the morning. 

When I did wake up, there were a couple of messages on my phone from her saying that she’d like to go to the aquarium with us.  F and I weren’t really talking so I had to go and ask him if he’d be willing to go.  He would.  We had quick breakfasts and got dressed as well.  We zoomed off to the Kamo Aquarium and met up with my friend and her husband. The road there was not without problems though.  F took a shortcut but the road was closed!  We had to backtrack quite a long way. Sigh.

We toured the aquarium and had a great time.  The aquarium has a great collection of jellyfish and we all really enjoyed watching them.

After we finished at the aquarium, we drove to Mikawa and had lunch at Bistrot des Pontes, the lovely French restaurant there.  It was quite busy, but the food was excellent and so was the company. My other friend who lives in Sakata came with her little one and we all had a great time together.  F and I both had steak, although I had bread with mine and he had rice.  All of the foreign wives had bread, it was rather funny. The two husbands had rice.  

From the restaurant, we all drove together in a convoy to the Sakata Art Museum to see a Vermeer exhibition.  Now, I had tried to Google-Translate the information about the exhibit before and asked F if it was a real Vermeer exhibition. He assured me that it was. He read it in Japanese.  However, when we got to the museum, we realized that it WASN’T the real Vermeer paintings, just copies of them.  It was quite obvious because we could photograph them if we wanted!  They even had a couple of handheld paintings that we could have fun with.



My friend with the child had to take her out for a bit as she needed a run. My other friend and I looked at the paintings and enjoyed that. Even though they were fakes, they were good fakes.  There was an announcement over the intercom and F told me that we had to leave at 4 pm. It was 3:55!  We hadn’t finished yet.  Apparently, there was a concert in the Museum that night and people who weren’t going to that had to leave.  Hurumph!
We zoomed through the remaining pictures and then left.  We had a bit of a goodbye gathering on the lawn and then went our separate ways. 

F and I went to Starbucks for some coffee.  I had the cold brew, F had a regular drip coffee. It was nice to sit and relax for a while.

We stopped off at the mall in Mikawa to pick up some food for dinner and for the coming week.  I had suggested that we get an appetizer tray for the three of us. F and I were still quite full from lunch, and K might have eaten already (she had).  We got an assortment of sushi rolls too and we had them at dinner.  

We came back to the house and put plates and drinks out on the table and then had a little feast. It was nice.  When we finished, I did the dishes. F was watching volleyball and since he seems to enjoy it, I let him watch while I did the dishes. 

I washed and dried the dishes, then made some more overnight tea in my bottle.  I came upstairs and spent a bit of time up here by myself.  It was nice.  F came up a bit later and we had a quiet evening.  F has to work tomorrow so has gone to bed, I’ll follow soon. It was a long day today, but a good one.

That’s it for me. Come back later if you will and see what I get up to then. Until tomorrow….

No comments: