October 7, 2018

Sunday - Cloudy, windy, then clearer

A bad day.

We stayed up late last night and went to bed quite early this morning.  We slept in rather late. I woke up to make a trip downstairs, then spent the next couple of hours dozing.  F eventually got up, fed his mother, and then came back to bed. Around 12 I suggested going for lunch, but I didn’t get up until after 1pm.  F didn’t get up until much later and took his own sweet time getting ready as usual. That meant that it was almost two before we left the house and all the good places I wanted to go for lunch had already finished lunch.  

After driving around for ages F took us to Jiro for lunch. It was good, but we had big food and it was expensive. F kept talking about going to Sakata to see my friend who was working in a festival, but I didn’t know why he would want to do that. She’d be working, it wasn’t like we’d have time to chat. Anyway, it was 3 pm by this time and the festival finished at 4.  We went to a nearby drugstore to use washrooms and again spent way too much time in the store.  On the way out, F again wanted to head to Sakata. I asked him why and got the same answer. I reminded him that the festival finished at 4, or in five minutes.  I didn’t get it.

He drove us back to the house where we spent more time. He took a long nap, I took a shorter one later.

Around 5:30 I suggested he get his mother some food, but she didn’t want any. She’d eaten some leftovers in the fridge.  I wasn’t hungry yet, so didn’t want to go out.

Around 7 I think, F wanted to go out for dinner and suggested a place. It was fine. We went there and it was busy. We had to sit at the counter. I don’t like that. But, whatever. Then, F ordered his dish, something I really don’t like, and I ordered mine. As I ordered it, I told him I wasn’t sharing it. I wasn’t going to have any of his dish, he wouldn’t get any of mine.  Over the meal, he got really mad at me because I shook my head at him using his cell phone.  He’s doing it too much these days. He can’t be bothered talking to me, so he watches boxing or crap like that when we’re having a meal. Usually with an earphone on.  Try having a conversation like that.  Not on.  Apparently, he was trying to find out the hours of the museum we’re going to tomorrow.  Hmm.  The one I have the flyer for back in the house.  I also have a picture of the flyer on my phone so could have brought it up for him if he’d asked. Now he says that he isn’t going to come to the museum with me tomorrow. He’ll drive me but won’t come in. Whatever.  

We came back to Tsuruoka and since he was in a mood I expected him to go straight to his house, but he didn’t. He went to a bookstore and bought a book. I had a look around too and got a new pen, a nice one. He seemed in a better mood afterwards.  

We came back to his house and haven’t spoken much to each other since. I made some microwave popcorn and watched The Circle, F read his new book. He’s sleeping now I think.  I took a shower tonight too but really should get more sleep as I will hopefully see a friend who is visiting this area tomorrow.  

Come back later if you dare and see how the last day of this three day weekend goes.  Happy thanksgiving…she says sarcastically. Until tomorrow….

No comments: