November 22, 2018

Thursday - Rainy 

A good day. 

I was awakened this morning by my husband’s alarm. He’d left the room and “forgotten” to turn it off. I went downstairs and then came back upstairs. I went into the TV/computer side of the room and waited until he left. He did ask me to cut the bread that he’d made this morning and I said that I would try.

I watched the news and a few minutes before NCIS started, I went downstairs and sliced the bread. There weren’t any of the usual bags so I put it in a freezer bag.  I came back upstairs, watched NCIS and grabbed my breakfast and put a load of laundry in to wash. F came back to the house and gave me some money for my day trip. Woot! He also thanked me for cutting the loaf of bread. This was progress.

A bit before 12 I made my way to the bus stop and caught the bus easily. It was a couple of minutes late, but I was half expecting that. I got off at the hospital and then walked to the cinema.  I went to see Tully with Charlize Theron and I really liked it. It was smart and funny and knew about motherhood and womanhood.  

When it finished, I skipped the bakery. I had wanted to get something, but since it was raining I wouldn’t be able to picnic outside and I didn’t have anywhere else to eat.  I walked to Foodever. It was a bit of a hike, but I wanted to see what was going on there. I had just entered the Food Court area when a woman came up to me and asked if I was a tourist.  I said I wasn’t.  She asked if I lived around this area. Yes. She started asking me a bunch of questions. It seems that she was in town with her husband and didn’t know what to do in Tsuruoka. Lucky for her I know a lot about that. She was asking me how to get to her hotel. I recommended a taxi as it was rather far and the weather was bad.   I half wondered if I was being pranked or if I was on candid camera, but she seemed legit.  I gave her a few ideas of things to see and do, I suggested the movie theatre since the weather was bad…and a restaurant near Tsuruoka park.  It was a crazy weird experience!

When I left her I checked out the coffee shop area, but the seats were all full of High School Students. I ended up leaving the building and making my way to S-Mall.  

At S-Mall, I had lunch and then did a bit of shopping. I picked up a few things in the hundred yen shop and then ended up in Doutors. I had a soy latte on points since my card didn’t have money on it. I kept an eye on the time. If I didn’t hear from F by 6 pm, there was a bus that I could catch that would let off near the house, so I didn’t want to miss that.  However, F did call me and came to the coffee shop too. I loaned him my card and he charged it back up for me!

We left the mall after we bought something for K’s dinner. We took it back to the house for K and then popped out again for our dinner. I had suggested Kintaro Sushi. It was a good choice as the sushi is great and they weren’t busy tonight. We left after we ate and were planning to go back to the house when I asked F if we could go to another hundred yen shop. We didn’t turn, we went straight and went to the Pal Shopping Centre. First we bought a few things at the grocery store and then went to the hundred yen shop. I bought some cotton thread in Christmas colours, some wrapping paper and a couple of other things. 

We came back to the house and F was cheerful and happy. He brought two of his happoshu upstairs and after a while drank them plus another one.  He was also a bit of an eating fool. He had two instant ramen things and quite a bit of snack stuff. I was worried about him, especially since his stomach was acting up. He talked a bit about his birthday and kept wishing himself a happy birthday! 

Tomorrow night we’ll be staying in a new hotel in Tsuruoka.  It isn’t a fancy place, so don’t get too excited, but it’ll be a night away so that’s good. I had hoped to go away for a couple of days, but F doesn’t want to do that. I won’t be blogging tomorrow night unless I get moved to do so.  

That’s it for me for a couple of days then. I hope to be back on Saturday night with all the usual stuff. Until tomorrow’s tomorrow….

No comments: