November 25, 2018

Sunday - Sunny then rainy at night

A good day.

This really was a good weekend.  On Friday, F and I took his mother out for lunch, then we left her with enough to eat and checked into our hotel. We stayed at a business hotel in Tsuruoka. It was a very small room, but the hotel was new and shiny. We thought it was too small to stay in again, but enjoyed the bath and the breakfast quite a bit. In the evening we walked to an izakaya and after a bit of bad luck finding one, had an okay but too fishy for me dinner.  We stopped in at another hotel and had a drink in their lounge on the 9th floor. It was nice if a bit expensive. On the way back to the hotel, I bought F a cake at the convenience store and we went back to our room and we had dessert together. He liked the cake. I promise, I would have sprung for nicer cake somewhere else, but he didn’t want it! I also got a card for the Video on Demand in the room and we watched a couple of movies. Well, I did. F fell asleep!

Saturday morning we had breakfast in the hotel and it was surprisingly nice. They baked their own bread, which is always good. We checked out and then we went to the doctor. F got pain medication and I got my blood test results which were fine. We had to wait 2 hours for that.  We checked on K, and she was fine. After that, we had a bit of a rest in the house. 

We decided to go out to Mikawa to see Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and do a little shopping too. First up though, we picked up our DVR which is apparently fixed now. Yay! We bought K a nice bento for her dinner and dropped both off at the house. 

We drove to Mikawa and discovered that somehow I’d got the movie time wrong and the show we planned to see had already started. Next one was in 2 hours. Bonus time. We had our dinner - bibinba- then combed through the craft shop in the mall, and zoomed through the ladies department. We went back in plenty of time for our film. It was okay. I thought there was too much of Johnny Depp and not enough Newt or Ezra Miller or the animals, but I didn’t hate it.

After the film, I asked F to take me to Don Quihote and we bought a few things at the food department there. I didn’t get the things I really wanted, but that’s okay. 
We drove back to the house and I didn’t go to bed until 4 am. If I had blogged last night, I wouldn’t have slept much at all.

This morning we slept in very, very late. I was surprised that F did. Usually, he doesn’t. K didn’t need breakfast or lunch, so F and I went out to a very nice restaurant not too far away. We had a lovely lunch, but no dessert. F promised that he’d take me somewhere for dessert later. 

We went back to the house and F changed the tires on the car. It’s nearly winter, the mountains around us have snow on them already and we had hail last week.

We went out again for coffee and I thought dessert, but F took us to the Japanese coffee place that he likes a lot. Their desserts aren’t that great and it is all quite expensive. So, we just had large coffees and then went shopping. I got a little more thread at the hundred yen shop, then picked up a few things at Yamaya, the shop with some foreign import foods. I got some muesli and pasta sauce, that kind of thing. 

We brought it back to the house and I filled up the kerosene tank in our bedroom’s heater. I noticed that there wasn’t much kerosene left, so suggested we get some. Again, K said she didn’t need dinner so F and I went out and got kerosene and then had our dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant. F seemed to like it, but I didn’t. He keeps ordering a soggy noodle dish that he likes, but I just don’t like. Then he wanted fried rice too. We got that. My order was fried chicken. It was okay, but I really didn’t want it. I let F pick my dish out of a couple of possibilities, it wasn’t awful at all. I just didn’t want it really. So, a bit of a letdown, but I didn’t care too much.

We delivered the kerosene then went off to get the groceries for tomorrow. I’m going to make a kind of a stew thing for dinner. I really hate the whole question of “what do you want for dinner” and if I cook I can avoid it. The problem is that most of my cooking gear is STILL in boxes. It drives me crazy, so annoying. 

We got food then came back to the house. I did the garbage up, F set up the bread maker for tomorrow. And that’s about it.

We had some downtime, we drank some decaf instant, relaxed, took showers and that’s about it. F has gone to bed now, and as it is late, I should go too.

We both had a really good weekend. We didn’t fight and I managed to keep my temper for the most part.

Tomorrow I’m back to the usual things I do around here and then I’m making dinner in the evening. I hope I don’t freeze to death in the kitchen.


Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: