November 27, 2018

Tuesday - Sunny and warmish

A good day. 

I woke up just as F was leaving for work. I got up a couple of minutes later and then watched the news and then my NCIS show.  I had a very quiet morning again, although I did do a load of laundry. I just came back from putting it in the machine when a friend texted to see if I’d be up for a chat. Of course I was, so we spent about 20 minutes talking. It made such a lovely change to my usual routine.

In the afternoon I spent some quality time on my computer and then did a bit of work on a new ornament. I’m trying something a little different and I think it is working well.

F called to say he was going to be a bit late and would call again when he was finished. He did, but it was a bit later. I went downstairs and started to get dinner ready. We were just having reheated stew, but I had asked F to bring a salad for us to share. I asked for some pickles too, but he forgot them! 

After he came back I sent him off to relax for a minute and to change his clothes. When he came back, I was nearly ready. He cooked the rice and then plated it, I ladled out the stew and we had dinner. It was really good. The sad thing was that the broccoli had all but dissolved, but it still tasted good.  

F washed the dishes after and I dried them. He asked if I wanted to go out and I did, mostly to get more salad for my lunches.  I did say to him that I would prefer that he set up our DVR first though. 

Obliging man that he sometimes is, he did that. He joined wires and plugged things in and it works again. Woot!  We even tried a Blu-ray DVD and that works too, it never did before. 

F and I went out to McDonald's and tried their caramel melts. Well, I did. F had a Black Thunder Flurry which was good too.  We exchanged bites which is how I know!

After our dessert/wifi time was up we went to the grocery store and picked up a few things. I didn’t get anything for dinner although I did think about it. I know I should, but trying to balance my tastes with everyone’s requirements is too annoying!

We came back to the house and after a few minutes putting away groceries came upstairs. I watched telly for a bit and then took a shower. 

F went to bed soon after I came back. His back is bothering him again. Sigh. I feel sorry for him. 

And that’s about it for my day. I really will try and post a picture of my lovely ornaments. They are turning out rather well and I love them. I think it’ll be hard to give them away!  Come back later and see what Wednesday brings me. Until tomorrow….



No comments: