December 13, 2018

Thursday - Rainy and later snowy and windy

A good day.

I had a really hard time getting up this morning. I had gone to bed before F if you can believe that. He was sitting up watching something on his phone with all the lights on, not even in his pyjamas at 2:30 am.  I got in bed, put on my eye mask and tried to sleep. He came a few minutes later but managed to bump and make enough noise that I wasn’t able to sleep for a while. 

I didn’t hear him leave this morning though so at least he was quiet then!

I didn’t see my mother in law at all during the day today. I heard her a couple of times, but didn’t see her!  I know she gets up early, does a few chores, but then she goes back to bed to save using the heater.  

I did a couple of loads of laundry this morning, and also watched a bit of the TV on the DVR. I enjoyed myself basically. I didn’t hear from F at all today. Oh, tell a lie, he did text me in the afternoon, to tell me that he made arrangements for our meals to be delivered tomorrow evening.  

In the evening, F came home, just a little late. He’d had to drive to Yamagata city today.  He wanted to go to the onsen and I had no objection. His mother wanted to go too, so we all got in the car and drove out to Yupoka. They had their baths, I sat in the lobby and used the free wifi and did a little crochet plus podcast listening.  

We had our dinner at the onsen tonight too. They had ¥300 ramen on, so F was thrilled.  K and F had that, I had yakiniku.  I was quite pleased with mine, especially since I asked for a small rice and got it.

We drove back to Tsuruoka, and we dropped K off at the house. F and I went shopping and bought a few things at Mina.  I really only needed something for lunch tomorrow, but got some snacks in case I needed them.  

When we came back to the house I wanted to fill up our kerosene heater, only to discover that 1) most of the tanks were empty and 2) that K had messed up the system. She’d not been able to make the automatic pump work, so had gone to an old hand one.  F fixed things up and even took our tank up to the room. We had 3 empty kerosene tanks and no one had thought to fill them up. Sigh. I go away for 4 days and no one else can use their brain!  

Tomorrow night F has an overnight work party, so he’s arranged for K and me to have a nice dinner delivered. I’m looking forward to it already! I shall probably have dinner with her, just hope things work out. 

I did write most of my remaining Christmas Cards today so I have to try and mail them tomorrow. The weather is supposed to tank though, so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make the trek to the nearby post office. If I can ride my bike I could go to a better place a little further away, but I have my doubts that I’ll be able to.

That’s about it for me for today. Tomorrow I’ll likely be on K Duty and also on snow clearing.  Poor F, I’m sure he doesn’t want to come back on Saturday morning to a huge mound of snow.  Or does he?  No; no, he doesn’t. 


Come back later if you like and see what I get up to on Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: