December 14, 2018

Friday - Snowy and cold

A good day.

I woke up this morning after F had left for work. I was sad as I wanted to see him before he left. Oh dear.

I saw K in the morning for a change. I received a Christmas Card this morning and she called me down to get it.  I saw her a couple of times during the day. 

I spent the morning writing a few last minute cards and then decided to take them to the post office. I tried to let K know I was going out, but she’d gone back to her room. I could have knocked but if she was sleeping she wouldn’t hear and then I’d have trouble explaining!  

Anyway, I strode off to the Post Office. The closest one isn’t a full-service place and they don’t get a lot of international mail.  The lady today didn’t know where Canada was.  Argh. Also, I told HER how much the international mail cost.  I hope I did it right! My Canadian cards are already late.  

After the post office, I went to the convenience store for a few supplies and then came back to the house.  I don’t think K knew I was gone!

I spent a quiet afternoon and grabbed my lunch later on. I realized I had forgotten to buy a salad last night for today, somehow I thought I had one in my fridge! I could have picked one up at the convenience store when I was there, but I didn’t.

The rest of the afternoon was fairly quiet.  F called me to say he was off to his party and a few minutes later I went downstairs to prepare for the meal that K and I were having.  I had asked F to order food in for us so we could have a nice evening together and he came through for us. I knew what we were getting, but K didn’t. I think she liked it all.  She got tempura, soba and sushi, I got chicken cutlet and sushi.  They came with chawanmushi and packets of clear soup.  

K's dinner

My Chicken and sushi. Very nice!

Setting up the table was a bit of a chore though because we had to keep getting new dishes for K’s sauces!  It was fine really.  The food was great. I finished mine, but only just, K didn’t eat all of her tempura.  I cleared the table and washed all the boxes and containers. It didn’t take too long really. I put the boxes outside on the stoop and went upstairs to watch TV. 

I had a quiet evening by myself. I really enjoyed it. I watched my TV shows and drank a lot of decaf tea. I did a little crochet too.  Sad to say, I’m not feeling that well. My throat is sore and I’m quite tired. I hope I’m not coming down with something.  

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. F will likely come to the house in the morning while I’m sleeping. I hope he doesn’t wake me up too early! Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: