December 19, 2018

Wednesday - Rainy and cool

An okay day.

This morning I woke up around 7 again, went downstairs to use the ‘loo, and then came back upstairs and fell fast asleep. I didn’t wake up until 9 this time! Yikes.

I got up, dressed and watched my morning drama and then went down to grab breakfast. I saw K, but didn’t interact with her.  I came upstairs again to eat. 

F called me around 1 to say he was taking time off in the afternoon.  I wasn’t too surprised since he’d talked about it before, but I wasn’t sure why. Still, it would be nice to see him. 

I had lunch and just as I was finishing up, he called to say he was done and hadn’t had lunch. Sigh. When he arrived, he checked on his mother and then we decided to go out for his lunch. 

We drove around for a while to find a place for him to go. He wanted ramen, but it was around 3 pm and most of the ramen places close after lunch time. I suggested gently going to a family restaurant, a 24-hour place or the curry place.  He chose the latter. He had some yummy looking soup curry and I had a dessert and a drink.

After we left, he suggested going to the Internet Cafe for a while so we did that. It wasn’t too busy and we were able to get massaging chairs right away. I did some crochet and watched YouTube videos. It was a nice relaxing bit of my day.

We left on time and on the way back to the house to pick up K, she called us.  F’s grandmother had taken a turn for the worse and we should go and see her.  I begged off. I said to F that the last thing his grandmother needed was having someone around with a bad cold. My nose is still running and I just don’t need to spread what I have to the family. 

He agreed, so K and F set off to the family home.  While they were gone I caught up with some internet messages and websites.  They came back after an hour and a half or so. F had wanted to go to the onsen tonight, but it was around 9pm, so a bit late to go then. I said he could maybe go with his mother tomorrow night…

In the meantime, I was hungry and needed to pick up a few things. We went off to Mina, the big grocery store nearby. I got some fried chicken for myself and a frozen soup pasta, also some salad for lunches and a few other things. F got one or two things too. 

We came back to the house and I said to F that I would do the garbage up after I finished eating my dinner. I didn’t want to do the garbage first.  As I started heating up the soup, he brings down the garbage bags from our room. What? Why?  So, all through me preparing my food, I had to contend with him playing with the garbage in the kitchen. I was so annoyed. And to make it worse, he didn’t even do it right!  He put a bag back in the garbage can but didn’t get it sitting right. He didn’t clean out the drain or the corner box.  Of course, I ended up doing it.  

I’m a little embarrassed to say this, but I wasn’t the nicest person to him for a while. I was quite annoyed with him.  I wanted to have my dinner. F had had something to eat at the Internet Cafe, plus the soup curry earlier….that’s two things, to my one lunch 8 hours earlier. Not exactly fair, was it? 

I ate finally and then went downstairs with my towel.  I finished up the garbage that F had abandoned in the kitchen because he was mad at me for being mad at him, put it in the genkan, washed the dishes that he’d left in the sink and then took my shower.  

I went upstairs afterwards and apologized for being grumpy. I was hungry and told him so. Then he had the nerve to tell me he was hungry too. Doesn’t count dear. You got to eat.

I watched a bit of TV and F did whatever he does. He’s gone to bed now and I’ll hopefully go soon too. I’m not sure what is going to happen with the granny situation. She’s been close to death for two or three years I think….not sure what will happen with her in the next little bit.

Come back later if you like and see how Thursday goes.  Just a note though if something does happen with F’s granny, I may not be able to post. Hopefully, until tomorrow….

No comments: