December 18, 2018

Tuesday - Rainy

An okay day.

I overslept this morning because I got up early on to use the washroom, then fell asleep. I didn’t hear my alarms at all.  I woke up around 8:30, managed to watch the US and then the UK news after I cued it on the DVR.

I didn’t see K most of the day, but I did hear her. She bopped around rather a lot today. I was really hoping she’d go back to bed like usual because I was so sleepy I wanted a nap. No such luck.

I had planned to make dinner tonight, but with being tired and having a runny nose, thought I should pass. Then I decided to take some cold medicine and go for it. I went downstairs around 5 pm and started peeling potatoes. I was making Bangers and Mash. When F called I asked him to pick up some stuff including some salad for dinner. I was busy in the kitchen, and I really was. I couldn’t find my potato masher, sad to say, so had to use a fork.  We had mashed potatoes, sausages and gravy, with a side salad.  Dinner got good reviews, but I’m not completely convinced it was good!  Still, it was homemade and that counts for us these days I think.

I washed half the dishes and then F took over. That meant I got to dry all the dishes….hey, that’s not fair! F did clean the stove which was nice. I had planned to do it, but he wouldn’t move.

He wanted to go out and get gas for the car and I wanted to get some things from the drugstore for the house. We combined our trip. We got some garbage bags, some liquid hand soap and some detergent in the drugstore as well as a few other things. F filled up the car at the gas station, and then we headed off to Kameda Coffee for a break. 

I noticed they had a cake set available now, so we each had that with some decaf. We used the free wifi there for a while. It wasn’t until I started snoring that F roused himself. I was really sleepy and just wanted to leave. 

We got back to the house and put away the shopping. I came upstairs and F had sneakily grabbed the remotes and had put on Bates Motel. Now, I like the show a lot, but I watched it on Friday Night, so I didn’t need to see it again. I didn’t mind too much until I noticed that F wasn’t watching it.  Grr!

I watched a couple of other shows and then turned off the TV. F has gone to bed and he’s snoozing away fairly noisily.  


So, today I didn’t feel that great but did cook dinner. Yay for that! Come back later and see how my Wednesday goes. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather! I hope you are on the mend now.

Can you believe that Christmas is so close?! I am definitely unprepared for it this year. (And every other year, really.) Do you and F exchange gifts?

Helen said...

I know, Christmas is too close! We did exchange presents in the past, but lately F doesn't want anything! I usually ask for things like the nice dinner out before Christmas so we have a nice experience together.

I get presents from my sister's family and my best friend so I do okay!