January 10, 2019

Thursday - Warm and clear

I went to bed very late last night but managed to get up at my usual time. I watched the news and even NCIS again. I did a load of laundry and put some of my laundry away. This is not exciting stuff, sad to say!

I didn’t see K for most of the day. We often miss each other which is so odd as this house isn’t that big.

Around 4 pm, I checked to see if I needed to shovel snow. I didn’t really. There was some that had fallen off the roof and landed near the steps so I went outside in my Crocs and no coat and cleared it. That gives you an idea of how warm it was! 

Tonight for dinner, F made nabe. He came back to the house, prepared it and then came upstairs to change. If he’d done it the other way I might have helped him. As it was, I ended up bringing a bunch of essential things to the table that F had forgotten!  Things like slotted spoons, chopsticks, glasses for drinks, that sort of thing. The nabe wasn’t bad. The soup could have had more oomph, but the food was good. 

I helped him with the dishes and then came upstairs. F didn’t. He watched TV downstairs. I watched the ER Retrospective upstairs. He came back upstairs around 9 pm. I had thought we’d go out tonight, but we didn’t.

We did have a bit of time together tonight. I turned off the TV and we spent some time near each other. With the way these rooms are set up, we never are that close anymore. I had high hopes of getting a couch up here and turning one room into a sitting room for us, but I can see it’ll never happen.

Oh, I got word today that my sister and my niece liked their presents. I hope my nephew did too, but I’ve no idea yet. 

I wrote up a couple of Postcrossings tonight. I meant to during the day but never got around to it. I didn’t do a lot of anything today. Sigh.


That’s about it for me for today. Tomorrow I’m not really sure what I’m going to do. I’d like to get out of the house, and I’d like to start some of my crafting, and do more Postcards, so come back and see if I do any of that!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: