January 12, 2019

Saturday - Clear and a bit cold

I slept in this morning. F got up early to go to the doctor’s office. He had to “reserve” his place. It’s a crazy system this country has, crazy.  I finally woke up around 11 am and F was back. He was cooking for his mother I think. I grabbed myself some breakfast and came back upstairs and got dressed.

F came back to the room and went to bed. He slept for a few hours. I was a tad miffed but knew that he needed it. 

When he woke up around 3 pm I suggested going to a new place for us, Blackbird.  It is a new restaurant/cafe in an old glasses shop near the udon shop we go to sometimes. We were the only customers but they had advertised on Facebook that it was cafe time.  We each had a coffee and a dessert.  The desserts were nice and the coffee was good but small. F cleverly asked to see the dinner menu so we could get an idea of the prices. It’s a little expensive and everything is a la carte, so it adds up. Still, the pasta sounded good. It was interesting. They had English translations on the menu, but I found that my Japanese knowledge helped me understand it better. They’d left some ingredients out of the English, that sort of thing. I hope we will go back some evening or for lunch!

We went to the grocery store to pick up something for K in case she wanted dinner tonight. We also got a couple of things for us. We delivered the goods, took a washroom break and then set out to the mall.

We drove out to Mikawa and bought our movie tickets.  Tonight’s film was Creed II. It wasn’t really my choice, but poor F sees enough of my films that I owe him some!  We had roughly an hour to kill before the movie so we did a little window shopping. I went to look at yarn again, but I didn’t buy anything, I swear!

We had a cup of coffee or a glass of decaf soy latte at Doutors and then went up for the movie. It was pretty good. It wasn’t going to be Shakespeare, but I did enjoy it. I know how much my hub likes Rocky so I was inclined to be kind. I liked Michael B. Jordan and Tessa Thompson a lot together. 

After the movie, we drove back to Tsuruoka and came back to the house. We both had showers and then had some of the leftovers from last night, mostly salmon salad and guacamole and tortilla chips.  It is 3:30 am and we’re both still up, but we’re meeting a friend at 10:30 tomorrow so we have to get some sleep!  Ack!!


Come back later and see how Sunday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: