February 13, 2019

Wednesday - Some snow and cold winds

F and I both slept in a bit this morning. I woke up around my usual alarm time as I had set them last night. However, I didn’t stay up. I went back to sleep. I did greet F this morning, which I haven’t done in a bit. I woke up later to an empty room.

I got up and dressed, then F came upstairs to see if I wanted to go out for lunch. He even had the place picked out for us, Nagomi, a soba restaurant in Tsuruoka.  I was fine with that. I assumed that his mother would be joining us, but F had already made her some food.  

We went and had a lovely lunch. F was able to have their special which looked good…half an order of soba with some tempura, miso soup and a small keisen-don. I had the duck soba which was hot soup with pieces of duck and some vegetables in the soba. Yummo. 

I had forgotten to take my phone with me when we went out which was a bit of a problem for me. I asked F that we go back and get it. He obliged me!  After lunch, we popped back to the house and I got my phone and he picked up his watch as well. It needed a small repair to the strap.

We left and went to S-Mall for a while. I wanted to visit the 100 yen shop. F put his watch into the jewellery store and then we went to the 100 yen shop. I got a few things and then we came downstairs and had ice cream at Baskin Robbins.  We each had a triple-pop and had two of three flavours the same. We both had Chocolate Caramel Sweetheart and Winter White Chocolate. I had Jamoca Almond Fudge and F had Strawberry Milk I think.  They were all yum, and yeah, we probably didn’t need them at all. 

We picked up F’s watch and the store didn’t charge him. Yay!

We had a cup of coffee each in Doutor and use the wifi. F took forever. He was watching videos again and gets into this thing where he doesn’t look up, communicate or breathe. Okay, I’m sure he does still breathe, but it is hard to be sitting across from someone who doesn’t acknowledge your existence because he’s otherwise occupied. I played with my phone for a while and then took out my crochet and did a bit. Then I read a book on my phone. Around 6 I basically insisted that we get moving, and he finally put away his phone.

We went to the grocery store and bought bentos for dinner. He had tempura, he got a tonkatsu one for his mother, and I picked a chicken one. He also added on some sashimi, but I didn’t mind too much tonight. 

We came back to the house and immediately got things ready for dinner. I set the table, he heated the food and then we all ate. It went over quite well and K seemed happy that we joined her. F and K were watching TV when we finished so I did the dishes (there weren’t that many) and then I went upstairs.

F came up a bit later. We did talk about going out, but we never got round to it. I watched a bit of telly then went downstairs and bundled up the garbage in the kitchen for F to take out tomorrow morning. Yes, he’s back to work tomorrow. I hope that he can get up!

That’s really about it for my day. The few days that F has been off work have gone better than I expected. I hope he’s ready to go back. He isn’t sleeping yet and it is a little late. 


Come back later and see how our Thursday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: