February 14, 2019 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

Monday - Cool but clear

Today was okay. I went to bed “early” last night and was able to get up this morning and watch the news and get my day started. I did a couple of loads of laundry today and hung them up in the room. I watched a few of the shows off the DVR and made a bit of space for the new stuff!  

I didn’t see K all day. I knew she was up, she seemed rather genki today. I heard the TV or the radio, but I never bumped into her face to face.

F texted me quite early that he was going to be late. I was glad that I knew it so I wouldn’t worry.

Today I put my tea in a bigger box. I have a lot and I think I’m going to try and not buy any for a while. I stocked up on decaf teas when I was in Sendai last week, so I really should drink more at night! I also made myself some Goma Latte today. I bought the packet in Sendai but discovered that I had to mix it with milk or soy milk, not hot water as I had assumed. It was rather nice, not sweet at all.

Around 4 pm, I did my dishes and then went outside and moved a bit of snow. Much of what was left was ice and it was packed down so I couldn’t move too much of it. I tried though.

F arrived somewhere around 6 pm today. I had already asked him to take us out tonight. I suggested that his mother might like to go to the onsen since she didn’t get to go on the weekend. She wanted to go, so we went out to Yupoka. First up was dinner. K had their special cheap ramen, F had udon and I had yakiniku without rice or soup. I think we were all fairly well pleased.

F and K went off to take their baths and I went to the chairs and read a bit of my book. I’m re-reading a Patricia Briggs from a few years ago. After 20 or so minutes I switched to some crochet and a podcast.  That was good. It wasn’t too long after that that I saw K wandering around the lobby looking for her people. She’d forgotten her glasses tonight. I waved and she came and sat beside me. F was just a few minutes behind her.  

We all drove back into Tsuruoka and went to a grocery store. I got something for dinner tomorrow night and K got some stuff. It was supposed to be for her lunch, I’m not sure about that though! We paid and came back to the house.

F and I had a quiet evening in. He gave me some chocolate that he’d bought from an office’s store. He didn’t have a lot of time in the last couple of days to buy me any. I gave him a box of chocolate that I’d bought in Sendai and he was happy. We did share a little with each other too. 

It was a very low-key Valentine’s day, but it was nice. My women’s group had a lot of women complaining about their day today, but honestly, it was fine! F was sick over the last few days and didn’t have much chance to shop. He tried and got me some chocolate, so that is what I care about more than anything else!

Tomorrow I’m going to be cooking dinner and I have a few other things I hope to do. I hope that dinner works out okay…come back later and see how that goes! 


Until tomorrow….

No comments: