February 23, 2019

Saturday - Sunny but cool

Today wasn’t bad at all. F and I had to go to the doctor this morning, it was okay. After that, we had lunch. He wanted to take me to a soba restaurant. I was a tad sceptical, but said okay. It was…okay. It wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t that great. All they served was soba and udon, no tempura, no meat, just noodles. I actually was a bit upset about it later. I mean, this was our chance to have something interesting for lunch. We could have tried a really exciting place because we didn’t take K with us…. Oh well, it is what it is. 

We had lunch at Coffea just off the main street, then got some things for K’s dinner.  We dropped them off at the house, I changed and then the two of us headed for the Aquarium. We got there and did a quick tour of the place. It is so much nicer there when it is empty!

Gratuitous Jellyfish Shots


This one reminded me of the "angel" that comes out of the Ark
in Raiders of the Last Ark. Beautiful at first, then deadly!

We went to see a concert tonight at the Aquarium. It was okay. I wasn’t too into it at first. It was another jazz one and it seemed a bit too improvisational for me.  It went a bit late but we didn’t mind.

We drove back to Tsuruoka to have dinner and the first four or five places were either closed or busy. I was quite annoyed. F finally suggested Bardet, the izakaya run by the owner of our favourite French restaurant. F called him to make sure he was going to open tonight.  He was, but in a few minutes.  I suggested going to the drugstore first as I needed some new Bandaids and a couple of other things. We really only picked up a couple of things then came back to Bardet.

We had a lovely meal there. We shared a few dishes, most of them were ones that F chose and they were all good. We had some carpaccio, some chicken and some duck, some yummy french fries and an omurice that was darn good.  We didn’t drink as F was driving and didn’t want to take a taxi. 


We came back to the house via the grocery store. F went to bed a while ago and I am up way, way too late. But, now I am going to go to bed.  Catch you later? Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: