March 11, 2019

Monday - Rainy and gloomy

I woke up this morning just after F left for work. I did my usual thing of watching the news and then ER. I went downstairs after ER and started a load of towels and also grabbed my breakfast. 

I had a quiet day. F called as he’d left his wallet somewhere and needed me to check if it was here. Luckily it was in his pants pocket from yesterday. He was able to pop by on his lunch hour to pick it up.

My day was low key.  I remembered the time about 20 minutes before the anniversary and then about 20 minutes afterwards. I didn’t have the regular TV on, I was watching something on the DVR.

F thought he’d be on time to finish work, but he called me around 4 to say that he was in Sakata and would be late. I was fine with that, but a bit sad for him.

I went downstairs around 6:00 pm tonight to start dinner. First up I peeled a few potatoes and got them ready to go in the microwave.  I also coated the chicken with the flavour packet, then put them on the baking tray. I was debating how soon to start cooking when he called to say he was on his way. I requested that he bring some drinks back with him, but that was all I needed.

Everything was cooked or very nearly so when he arrived, so I was able to put things on the table while he changed his clothes. We had lemon pepper chicken, anchovy potatoes and broccoli. Since there wasn’t a lot of broccoli we had miso soup from a mix too. Dinner got quite good reviews and everything, I mean EVERYTHING got eaten! K really seemed to love the potatoes, she was into them before I even sat down. I agree with her, they were good though. 

I cleared the table and then when I took the tray out of the toaster oven, managed to spill some of the drippings/grease from the chicken into the toaster oven. It needed a good cleaning. I did some of it and took other parts out so that I could wash them tonight. However, F came into the room and volunteered to do the heavy work. He washed the dishes and I dried them. Of course, he does things the complete opposite of the way I do, but I should keep my eyes on the important fact that they did get done!  

We decided to go out for coffee tonight to get a bit of wifi. I thought we were going to Starbucks, but we ended up at Komeda Coffee. Their wifi is better for me, but I don’t like it as much. We had a cake set with decaf coffee and it was good.

We came back to the house and had a fairly quiet evening. I watched a bit of telly, and F watched some with me for a bit but went to bed a while ago.

That’s it for my day. It was a very low-key way to commemorate this sad day. It was only 8 years ago that the March 11 earthquake, the Great Tohoku Earthquake happened. Tohoku hasn’t been the same since. Neither have I, believe it or not.


Come back later if you like to see how Tuesday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: