March 25, 2019

Monday - Sunny and but cool

I woke up this morning before F’s alarm and made a run downstairs. I came back to bed and F was getting up. I got back into bed and put my eye mask back on as he had the light on. I snoozed for a few minutes.

I had my usual quiet morning except I had a video chat with a friend around 10:30 this morning. That was really good and we talked up a storm for the hour we chatted for. 

After the chat, I took a nap. I didn’t mean to, but I was so very tired that I couldn’t stay awake. It didn’t last for that long, but longer than it should have.

I had lunch and watched a bit of the stuff on the DVR. Somewhere along the way, I watched a friend’s podcast and a few other podcasts.  F called me around 5:45 and I went downstairs and started dinner.

Before lunch, I had made up a marinade for the meat we were having for dinner. I put it on the meat and then prepped my lunch. When I went down to the kitchen tonight I just had to get things together. I did some frozen broccoli, some mushrooms in a marinade and fried the pork. Oh, and I baked a few hash brown patties too. I had asked F to bring back some soy sauce and some cold tea for us, which he obligingly did. Yay.

He got in my way a bit while I was prepping but actually ended up being helpful by taking things to the table. That was really nice of him. However, I still did the majority of the work and spent the first 5 minutes of dinner running back to the kitchen for things we’d forgotten. 

Dinner was good and got okay reviews. It came together rather well I thought. Afterwards, I cleared the table and F showed up to help in the kitchen. He washed the dishes for me, and then I dried and put them away. I don’t really approve of the way he washes dishes but didn’t want to have another fight.

Around 8 pm we went upstairs and then talked about going out. I wanted to go to the drug store for a few kitchen things.  I think it was me who suggested the Internet Cafe, so we went there for 3 hours too. It was nice to get my back worked on by the chair! I watched a little telly, had a little snooze, and did a little knitting. I also watched a few YouTube videos on different topics.

We came back to the house after the 3 hours were up. F went to bed fairly soon and I watched a bit of TV and then did this. 

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping to do a Postcrossing or two, but I don’t know if I will. Come back later and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: