March 24, 2019

Sunday - Snowy then clear and sunny

We woke up to a world of white this morning. The snow wasn’t very deep, but it was coming down quite fiercely. 

View from just outside my bedroom

F went downstairs and fed his mother then we decided to go out for lunch. I wasn’t feeling my best and asked for simple food, nothing fancy or raw (as in fish). I suggested Cocos and then F suggested going to the one near Mikawa Mall. It sounded fine. However, he had to get money first!  He went to a bank machine in the mall and then we went over to Cocos and had a fairly decent meal. 

I had chicken with a bun added on, F had a Japanese style meal with fish and we shared an order of fries because they have good ones. 

We went back into the mall after lunch and bought some socks. I’ve worn through a couple of pairs of socks recently and since the only place I can get decent socks is the mall, had to go there for them. I got a few pairs that were on for half price so that was good! And yes, I had to buy men’s socks because the women’s ones are too small. 

We walked around the mall a little and I suggested getting a drink. F wanted to go to Doutor, so we did. I gave him my card to get the drinks with and found a seat. Today my sciatica was really bothering me and F is a great one for making me walk all over malls. 

After our very long tea/coffee break for wifi, we went back to the grocery store and got some food for dinner. F got a combo udon and sushi for him and his mother, I picked up some chicken and some salads that were potato or pasta based. 

On the way to the house, we stopped into S-Mall. I wanted to talk to the restaurant in the hotel to see if we could arrange a meal for a friend who is vegetarian. It was quite annoying as F insisted we talk to the front desk clerk and then seemed to be telling him the entire story of our group. I just wanted F to ask if a vegetarian dish could be had easily, but apparently no it couldn’t. We’d have to “negotiate” (how F translated it) with the chef. That would be a no then! Okay, guess the hotel won’t be getting our dinner money. 

We came back to the house and got things on the table quickly. F was being really annoying and taking things out to the table before we’d even put away the groceries. He has the weirdest way of doing that. Instead of doing it methodically, he spreads all the new stuff out on the table and I’m expected to just grab my stuff and put it away. 

F & K’s bentos didn’t need heating up, but mine did. I dished mine up in the kitchen and then went out to the living room, making runs back for glasses for drinks, and the salads which I was sharing. After dinner, I got the joyful task of clearing the table and then doing the dishes. F threw a tantrum at me about me being polite to people (I never understand what he’s on about….he does know that I’m Canadian, right??) and yelling at me that he shouldn’t have to say “excuse me” or “please move” to me when I’m in his way. Dude, whatever.  So, after he stormed off, I got to wash and dry the dishes. There wasn’t much or there would have been a bigger fight.

I went upstairs when I was finished. He had the TV on blaring away and I couldn’t stand the noise. I put my headphones on and listened to P!nk for a while. She’s always good for lifting my mood.  I offered him tea or coffee later on, and then just after nine was asked if I’d go to the onsen with him.  I would and did. 

We got there just before 9:30 so F was okay to go in and take his bath. I sat in the lobby and read some of my book and then it was time to go. 

F asked if I’d like to go somewhere else and I said it was okay, so we went to Komeda Coffee for almost an hour. F wanted to use the wifi and so did I, I think.

We came back to the house and after midnight I took a shower and brought you all up to date on my life. It’s so exciting!  

The snow is mostly gone but there is a bit on some cars and there are some big lumps in the middle of roads where it has come off other cars.  Better now than when my convention happens!

That’s it for me. I’ll be cooking dinner again tomorrow, so I hope things work out. To be honest, I’m getting really tired of F not keeping up the balance of the domestic work. I know he’s tired, but so am I, and these days with my hip being so painful am not enjoying all the running back and forth I have to do around here. 

Come back later if you will and see how things go. Until tomorrow….


No comments: