May 22, 2019

Wednesday - Cooler but sunny

I got up quite early this morning and watched a lot of news! Last night I set the DVR to tape 3 news broadcasts from NHK so that I could compare them and see which one would let me see more news in English. I think I have mostly decided that I need to switch the one I record as there isn’t nearly enough news that I want to watch. The one I’ve been recording has only 4 minutes of BBC news and then about 12 minutes of German news followed by a lot of Russian news.  If I knew either of those languages I’d probably be delighted, but I don’t and I’m not.

I did a load of laundry today and hung it up. It took me a while to actually hang it, I was feeling guilty for a bit. I did see K this morning when I was downstairs and said hello. She offered me some popcorn! Obviously, she doesn’t know that I’m a popcorn fiend and should never be offered popcorn. Don’t feed the bear sort of thing.  

I didn’t prepare dinner at all today, so when F called he was a bit whiny about where to go or what to do for dinner. When he got here he said he wasn’t feeling very well and only wanted ramen. I suggested a place that does ramen and some other stuff, he didn’t like it but did go along with my idea. Honestly.  I told him that if he liked he could take his mother out for ramen and just drop me off somewhere else but he didn’t like that idea. Why not? It sounded like a good solution to me. That way I wouldn’t have to put up with a person who couldn’t be bothered to talk to me during dinner. Which is what I got anyway. Boo.

We went to the restaurant with his mum and the food was okay. I had a fairly expensive curry with chicken, he and his mother had ramen and gyoza.  We came back to the house but as we arrived, F said he’d like to go to the onsen and would I go with him. I said I would.

We picked up our stuff and left. I had an hour to myself and it was nice. I checked my apps on my phone, I knitted a bit and changed the circular needle as the cord on the old one was breaking, and I even read a bit of my book. Yay. 

On the way back to Tsuruoka F wanted to go to the grocery store so we did. I didn’t get anything for myself tonight, just suggested some barley tea for our dinners.  He got himself a few things, no big deal.

We came back to the house and I let him put the stuff away. I came upstairs and got ready for my shower. And that was about that. I watched a little bit of TV and spent more time than I should have on my computer. 

Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow, so you’ll just have to come back and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: