May 23, 2019

Thursday - Sunny and warmish

I woke up quite early for me this morning, I did snooze a bit until my alarms went off, but I also watched some of the news I’d recorded. I was up for ER and went downstairs and got my breakfast. I didn’t do laundry like I had planned. Oh dear.

I spent quite a long time on my computer this afternoon. I was trying to get enough points at something, I finally managed it, but it took ages.  

I caught up a bit with some of the stuff on the DVR, I had a fabulous lunch too. I ate a bunch of the leftovers that I had been leaving for K. She left them there for days, I was going to throw them out after today!

F phoned to say he’d be late tonight but would try to call me to tell me he was on his way. He managed too.  When he called me around 6 pm he said he was on his way. I went downstairs a few minutes later and started to work on dinner.  Basically, I was going to make the same as I did on Tuesday, yakisoba, but I was changing it up a tad. Today I didn’t have mushrooms, so I used an onion. I also put a fried egg on top of F & K’s plates.  I’m ahead of myself.  F arrived at the house and I started frying things. He came downstairs and showed me his glasses. One of the lenses had come out. Oh no! The glasses shop closed in a short while, so he decided to race over there to see if they could fix it. We decided that I’d cook the meal and K and I would eat. 

I put things out in the living room and stir-fried the yakisoba. I had just put everything on plates when F arrived back.  Yay!  He got to eat with us after all. Dinner got okay reviews.  F and I did the dishes afterwards. 

We had a little chat after dinner…I was lying on the bed for a change and we decided to go to karaoke. Yay. I had asked last night if we could, but I wasn’t sure if we’d be able to. 

We drove downtown and went to my usual karaoke box. We got a room, but at first, we went into room 5. We couldn’t get the TV to work, so F talked to the front desk. It turned out that we were supposed to be in room 6. Oops! One of the TVs in that room worked! The slip of paper was a bit confusing. It looked a bit like this:

6 RM  [5]

I just glanced at the paper on the way to the room, and I thought I’d heard him say it was room 5, so….

We got things sorted and for the next 3 hours sang a lot of songs. F tired out near the end, but he’d had an early start and had worked all day, so it was understandable. We left a few minutes before our time ran out. 

We drove back to the house and F went straight to bed, where he still is. I have just had a quiet late night by myself. It’s been nice.

Tomorrow F has the day off. He wanted to see some of the Tenjin Matsuri things, so I’m not sure how that is going to work. Wish us luck and good humour tomorrow! 


Come back later and find out what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: