June 10, 2019

Monday - Cloudy and cool

F did wake me up this morning when he went to work, but I really think it was accidental this morning. I was able to sleep in a little longer.  I dragged myself out of bed later so that I could make the bed and have some tea.

I had a quiet morning and afternoon. I did a load of laundry and had more tea. A lot of tea was drunk today. I didn’t see K at all. I heard her once in the afternoon, and then when I went downstairs to wash my lunch dishes I heard her in the living room. She was getting dressed in front of the window.  Honestly, I don’t think she even thought about the fact that other people might see her.  

F called around 4 to say he’d be late and then later called to say he was most of the way here. I popped down to the kitchen to get dinner started. It wasn’t a very difficult dinner tonight, we had retort packs of taco meat.  F heated up some rice, I spread it around and then covered it with the taco stuff.  I added cheese and lettuce.  We had everything with some tortilla chips and salsa too, plus a spicy cucumber marinade thing that we all like.  Dinner did get good reviews, so hurray for that.

As I was starting to clear the table, the thumb on my right hand started to go wonky. It feels like it has popped out of the joint, but it hadn’t as far as I know.  I had a really hard time carrying stuff to the kitchen as I couldn’t trust my thumb would work properly. I took small loads and everything got where it was supposed to do.  

I started doing the dishes and got around half of them done.  The warmth of the hot water seemed to be easing my thumb so when F came in and announced he’d take over and wash the rest I wasn’t too pleased. I was even less pleased when after I suggested he grab a towel and dry dishes, he buggered off to the toilet.  He was gone just long enough for me to wash the remaining dishes and dry them too. Funny how that works.  Big help.

He knew that I wanted to go out to the grocery shop so later asked to go to the onsen. I agreed to go there tonight but said I might not go again this week. Sitting in the lobby of an onsen isn’t exactly fun, even though they have free wifi. We went, he bathed and I finished my book, The Break by Marian Keyes. I really liked it. I like most of her books though. 

After the onsen closed, we went and had a coffee in the coffee shop. We were the last customers in the cafe when we left. Sigh. We didn’t get to the grocery store until 11 and then it was almost midnight when we got back to the house. So annoying really. 

Back at the house, we unpacked the groceries and put them away of course. I got the plastic garbage ready to go out and took it to the genkan. And that’s about it for my day. It was quiet.  

Tomorrow I’m going to make dinner and maybe something else if I can remember! I might even get a start on the sashiko project I’m doing on F’s pants. He wants me to sew it in orange thread. I think he’s a little crazy, but that’s his choice so we’ll see.


Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: