July 13, 2019

Saturday - Hot and sunny

F and I had a fairly typical Saturday morning. I slept in, I think he got up early, but came back to bed. Around 10:30 I got up and then offered to get F some cereal and yogurt when I got mine. Of course, he said yes.

F didn’t really get up until after 1 pm.  Then he wanted to go for lunch. My ideal places weren’t acceptable, but finally, he agreed to one of them.  We left here around 1:45 and didn’t make it in time. Damn!  

He suggested going to the Grand El Sun after that, which we did. We were able to sneak in under the wire and had a nice lunch there. The food was great, the company was not. F spent the entire lunchtime on his phone watching videos.  I’m not perfect, I did update my apps and check out Facebook too, but I put the phone down once in a while.  Maybe F should marry his phone since he loves it so much?

After our yummy lunch, F wanted to go shopping. He went to a fishing store and got himself a few new things.  After that, we went to a second-hand store and then Hard Off. He wanted to get his internet pal a present (she sent him some hot sauce from the US) so I suggested getting her an obi.  Some people use them for decorating. We looked at the obi in the second-hand shop. Some of them were gorgeous but so expensive! I found a really nice one that was a reasonable price and told F that if he didn’t get it for his friend, I’d get it for my sister’s table! He got it. And it was half price too!

I had asked for a drink, but it was late and we needed to get K something to eat. We got something for her in the nearby grocery store and discovered that it is going to close at the end of this month. Crazy!

On the way back to the house, F realized that it is the local Obon today and he had promised to take his mother to the temple to visit his father’s grave.  I suggested that he take her as soon as we get back, and that’s what he did. 

When he came back, he wanted to leave right away for dinner. I suggested a Thai place, he countered with a noodle place. I knew his stomach wasn’t happy right now, so agreed to go with him. However, on the way downstairs I had a brainwave. I suggested going to Foodever again. He could go to the udon restaurant, I could go to one of the other places. Yay me?!  Yay. He thought it was a good idea.  

We arrived at Foodever a few minutes later and it was hopping tonight!  The tables were crowded and the restaurants were all working hard. I decided to have something from the meat place, F said he would too, but I reminded him that he said he wanted noodles!  Honestly, the whole point of going to a gourmet food court is to have different foods! No one minds if we eat different things!  I had local lamb on rice, F had udon.  We had to wait a while for our meals, me especially, but it was good. While I ate mine, F got a call from his uncle. He proceeded to bend F’s ear for 30 minutes or more. I don’t know why F doesn’t tell him it isn’t convenient and then hang up.  Good thing he doesn’t call me!

We left Foodever when we were finished our meal. By then the restaurants were starting to close. They’d had busy evenings.  

We stopped in at Starbucks, which was supposed to be for a few minutes and turned into more than an hour. So annoying. I might start walking back to the house if it keeps happening. It’d take a long time, but it is getting annoying when I have to wait for his stupid video to finish. 

Back at the house, we watched another episode of The Good Doctor. It was quite a good one today. We ate the rest of the guacamole an some of the salsa tonight and enjoyed it. The only bad thing was that F dropped guacamole on my towelket. Grr.

I took a shower and F got so tired that he went to bed. He’s snoozing and I’m still up and writing my blog. 

I’m really not sure what we’re doing tomorrow. We’re still waiting to hear from my friend and her husband about where and when to meet up. F is looking forward to going fishing, I’m looking forward to meeting up with my friend and maybe doing some crocheting! 


Come back later and see what happens. Until tomorrow….  

No comments: