July 12, 2019

Friday - Cloudy and rainy, humid and cold

I woke up just before F’s alarm this morning, said a groggy good morning to him and then fell back into snooze mode.  He was gone when I woke up properly. 

I had a quiet morning, although I did do a couple of things. I finally did some work on F’s jeans. I decided how to do the sashiko stitching, so that was a good thing.  While I was doing that, I watched most of the stuff off the DVR.  After lunch, I did a bit of crochet and a bit more sashiko. I watched a movie from the DVR and erased it. It was a cute one, but it was an animated film and I can buy it easily if I want to see it again.

Around 4 I went downstairs to wash my dishes. I also made up some guacamole again. This time I used my own spices rather than a packet. I put it in the fridge when I was done.

F called to say he’d be late, and he was. He didn’t get back here until almost 6:30.  I asked him to come downstairs around 7 tonight, but he got a phone call and K made him come down.  I really wish she wouldn’t do that.

I got dinner on the table fairly quickly. I set the table early on so that I didn’t have dishes taking up space in the kitchen.  We had tortilla chips and guacamole and salsa, some sautéed pork, and a salad with noodles.  Things went over quite well and people seemed to like the food. 

F wanted to go to the onsen afterwards so we did the dishes rather quickly and then got ready to leave. We didn’t leave here until 9 pm, and last in is around 9:30, so F just squeaked in.  

I updated my phone and read some of my book while I was waiting for F. I didn’t do any crochet, although I planned to do some.

When he finished the onsen was closing so we had to hurry up and leave. We went for coffee to Komeda and finally bought some of their coffee tickets. They were on sale and we go there a lot, so we should be able to save money.  

We hit up a drugstore after that and got some necessary things for the house and us. We came back to the house and I watched a bit of tonight’s telly.

F fell asleep a while ago. He was really tired today. He hasn’t been sleeping that well.  

We’ve got three days off together. We might meet up with some friends on Sunday or Monday but it is weather dependent and the forecast isn’t very good. 


Come back later if you like and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: