July 16, 2019

Tuesday - Hot and muggy, some rain

I woke up this morning at 7 am to an empty room.  F had left already. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was so hot and stuffy in here that I just couldn’t. I got up, opened the windows and did a little snooze until I did get up.

I had a fairly quiet day today. K was in bed for much of the morning, at least I think she was.  I did a couple of loads of laundry, had breakfast and watched quite a bit of telly off the DVR. 

Around 4 I heard from F that he’d be late tonight. He thought he’d be done around 7. I passed on the message to his mother and then went back upstairs.  Poor thing didn’t get back to the house until well after 8:30.  

The three of us piled into the car and went to Kula Sushi.  It’s not great, but it stays open late and I like their side dishes.  I went off to get water for all of us, but when I came back to the table F told me that he ordered 2 dishes of onion rings for us. I thought it wasn’t enough. His mother LOVES onion rings. I ordered a bowl of fries too. They are a good filler food when you are waiting for other dishes to be delivered.  Then, the two bowls that F ordered arrived. He’d ordered two semi-expensive dishes of french fries, onion rings and chicken nuggets.  And then the bowl of fries that I ordered arrived. Oh my goodness. Of course, if I had known that F had ordered fries, I wouldn’t have ordered any!  He’d made a mistake.  We polished off all three plates after a while. F and I were rather stuffed. We’d had some sushi too and were almost ready to go. Then, K asked for another dish of the fries & rings.  F and I rolled our eyes a bit, but he obliged her.  The dish arrived and of course, after she’d eaten a few, she’d had enough and we had to finish the dish! 

We brought K back to the house and the two of us went off again to get some groceries for dinner tomorrow. We hadn’t bought dinner groceries last night as we planned to do it before cooking tonight. That didn’t happen.

Oh, and my glasses aren’t ready yet. They’d made a mistake on the order so it’ll be another week yet apparently. I was looking forward to getting them!

When we came back to the house, F got into relax mode, I watched a couple of TV shows and then as I’m starting to get sleepy, thought about bed.  Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I probably should write a bit of my next column, but that would require that I decide on a topic!


Come back a bit later if you feel like it and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: