July 17, 2019

Wednesday - Sunny but muggy

I had a mostly quiet day at the house today. I got up early, watched the news and then some telly. I didn’t see much of K during the day which was fine with me.

I did come up with a bit of a topic for my Journal column. I’ll have to do a bit of research but it should be okay.

F texted me a few times during the day, I texted back. No big deal.  He did text, later on, to say he’d be late today.

I decided to go downstairs around 6:30 and start preparing dinner. I hadn’t heard from F, but thought that K and I should eat.  Of course, just as I was starting to put food out for us, he called to say he was finished work.

Tonight we had a salad with a couple of extras in it, tofu, cucumbers and some pork. I heated up some rice for K and then for F when he arrived.  Dinner was fine I thought, but F was glued to a stupid TV programme. 

I was lucky enough to be able to do the dishes tonight with no help again!  How wonderful for me.  K, to be fair to the old gal, did bring a bunch of dishes to the kitchen for me, but I think that had more to do with her wanting to wipe the table than with helping me out.

After dishes, I went upstairs and F was on his side of the bed trying to sleep. He asked if I wanted to go out and of course said yes.  I asked that we go to McDonald's for some drinks and wifi. I didn’t want to go straight back to the house either. We went to McDonald's and had a drink and a bit of a treat.  

Then we went to the grocery store. Sigh. I was looking for something for dinner for tomorrow, but F was being a jerk. At the end, I asked him to pick what he wanted and he said grilled fish. I told him it was fine if he cooked it. He talked a bit too loudly as he had an earphone in one ear so I asked him to be more quiet and to use his inside voice. He put something in his basket and then stalked off. I got a few things that I needed and we paid.  

I packed the groceries and then a guy tried to come up behind me and take the space I was just leaving.  F did the thing he always does which is trying to get me to move out of the man’s way.  In the first place, I couldn’t see the guy as he was behind me. In the second place, he could have gone either left or right of me, no idea why F got mad at me.  Get mad at the idiot who could only see one place to pack his groceries.  I’m mad at the idiot I married for constantly telling me off rudely for “getting in other people’s way” when they come up behind me.  I’m a big woman, I know that, but if people are behind me, how am I supposed to see them?  And F….he gets in the way constantly. He will stop dead in his tracks if a person crosses his path. He wants them to see how he has been inconvenienced by their “thoughtlessness”. Or whatever. Unfortunately, if you are behind F when he’s overacting, you have to stop too.

Time for a holiday I think. 

Came back to the house and I took a shower. As I was getting ready K was bopping around.  I had a feeling she’d come into the bathroom while I was changing, so I put my robe back on. She did.  I told her I was taking a shower so she toddled off. No privacy here. I’m not allowed it.

I did the garbage up and dumped it in the genkan for F to take it out in the morning. Then I came upstairs and watched Grey’s Anatomy with headphones on.  F is sleeping and has been for a while.  

I get that he is tired, but lately, he’s been distracted and mostly downright rude to me.  Does he really think living here with a grumpy husband is such a fabulous thing?  It isn’t. 

My turn to kvetch.

Anyway, I’ll most likely be here tomorrow. Come back if you dare and hear what I get up to on Thursday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: