July 22, 2019

Monday - Overcast and humid

I woke up first when F got up but fell back asleep almost immediately. When my alarm went off I was surprised that I had slept more.

I had a bit of a lazy morning. I didn’t even open up my computer until 10!  I was up, and even dressed, just didn’t want to face the world yet.

I had a fairly quiet day. I worked on F’s jeans and did a lot of sewing. It is looking good. I’m not quite ready to let you see them, but soon I hope.

I watched some telly and had my usual lunch. After the news at 4:30 I went downstairs and did a bit of prep for dinner.  I cut up veggies, I washed the pans I was going to use, and I had to tidy the kitchen since a weekend of F and K in the kitchen left it with stuff all over. 

I went upstairs to wait for F. We waited a long time. He did call to say he was going to be late, but he thought he’d be back by 7 pm. He wasn’t.  At 8 I went downstairs and decided to cook. K needed something for dinner and I wasn’t unhungry either.

Today I poached some salmon for dinner and did a stir-fry of veggies to go on the side. I didn’t cut the veggies small enough which was a bit of a problem.  F called to say he was en route while I was cooking.  No problem except I had texted him early to ask for some groceries.

F made it just after I served K her plate.  The food was good, and the salmon was lovely. F said it wasn’t quite cooked enough and he was right, but I think it was better than being overcooked.  I have to remember to do that again, Simply Recipes Poached Salmon. 

F washed the dishes afterwards and I dried, we got them done fairly quickly. We went upstairs and I got changed. We had to go out for a little.  We went to Starbucks for a coffee and I actually had iced coffee. Note to self…having real coffee that late at night is nuts.  It was good though. 

We picked up a few groceries too. I think F is going to prepare dinner for us tomorrow, sort of. I’m going to help. I’ll make some chicken salad I think.

When we got to the house, we put the groceries away and then F went to bed. I watched Celebrity Undercover Boss and it was the first one I enjoyed at all. It starred Ashley Graham. She’s the spokesmodel for one of the stores in Canada that I shop at, so I know who she is!

And that was my day. It was hot and humid today. When I finished cooking I asked K if I could turn on the fan. She has air conditioning in the living room, but she won’t use it. (I have it upstairs and I won’t use it either!  However, for meals I really wish she would.) I was covered in sweat, and the kitchen wasn’t that hot.  


Come back later and see how my Tuesday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: