July 21, 2019

Sunday - Cloudy and overcast, hot

I went to bed so late this morning that it was starting to get light outside. I slept fairly well, but F woke me up a couple of times. I didn’t really mind too much today. 

He took his mother out around 10:30. They were going to go to the onsen and then to vote.  I took care of a couple of personal things while they were gone and had my breakfast too.

They came back to the house close to 1:00pm.  F and I went for lunch. I had suggested Hyakkenbori, by the University. F was odd today. He started out driving the right way but turned a few minutes later. He was going the wrong way and didn’t turn around for a while.  We got there just before it closed.

The menu had been changed at the restaurant and they were out of chicken so I couldn’t have my favourites.  Instead, I had a Soboru dish with eggplant. It was rather good. F had one with maguro. Basically, our meal was served on rice and we could put it in a bowl and then pour broth over it. It was a bit like ochaisuke, and good.

After the meal, we went to S-Mall for a while. I hit up the 100yen shop and got a few things today too. Then, F and I went downstairs to have coffee.  The coffee shop wasn’t quite as busy as the day before.  I ordered the coffee while F looked for a place to sit.  Something odd happened. A lady had been putting tables and chairs together as she had a group of friends trying to sit together.  F tried to take away one of her tables for us!  I watched this from the line and was a bit upset on her behalf. F backed down and sat nearby.  When I joined him he told me that the woman had stolen his table, but I told him that she was there first and had been putting the tables together for her group.  He was surprised that I was watching and dropped the subject.

F wasn’t feeling too well, so I suggested that we go back to the house and he take a nap. He liked that idea, so off we went.  We got to the house and F did everything but sleep for ages. He was downstairs, he was upstairs, he was eating, he was running around. Finally, he took a nap, but it was getting late and we needed some food for his mother.

We went out and went to Moku-Moku for dinner. Again, F took us on a huge detour for no reason.  Oh, wait, he did have a reason. He was supposed to take something to his sister’s house.  He just dropped it off. We went to Moku-Moku. It’s changed again. About half of the restaurant is blocked off and there seems to be only one staff member.  He seated us at a seat near the drink bar. F sat on one side of the table and I was going to sit on the other, but there was an electric fan set up there.  I wasn’t sure if I should really sit there, so I did. The cord was behind my legs as I sat, and the fan was to my right. I had to squeeze past it as I sat down.  The waiter came over and asked me to unplug the fan, which I did.  He took it away. Maybe he should have done that first?

Our meals were okay though. F had squid ink curry and I had cold pasta with daikon and shabu-shabu pork in a sesame sauce. That was nice, but the pasta felt a little underdone.

We bought a few groceries after dinner then came back to the house. I took a shower and F put on the TV.  

That’s really about that. F was supposed to do something for his community service but didn’t. He always had an excuse. Hrumph! 

I bought fish for dinner. I’m going to try poaching it, I did that once at the old apartment. I hope I can do it here!

Come back later if you dare and see what I get up to on Monday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: