July 24, 2019

Wednesday - Hot and sunny and humid

I woke up this morning just after F got up. I eventually fell asleep again, for a bit too long. It was quite late when I did get up.  I watched my morning show and tried to stay cool. Today was a scorcher.

I didn’t really do too much today. I didn’t do laundry, I didn’t do any sashiko and I didn’t do any column writing. Sigh. I even took a nap for a bit in the afternoon. 

I watched a bit of tv from the DVR and finally found out what happened to Jack on This Is Us. I think I wanted to cry. It’s a good show. I know I’m watching it oodles after people in the US, but good is good, so it doesn’t matter.

I went downstairs to wash dishes around 4 pm and the doorbell rang. Both K and I went to the door, but it was two young people, probably selling religion.  K said no thank you and they left.

For dinner tonight we had some sashimi from the store. I reminded F that he was bringing the sashimi, which he did. I set the table and put on the hot water for the miso soup.  We had quite a traditional Japanese meal tonight and it was rather nice.  I wouldn’t want sashimi every night, but I do like it a lot.  We also got K to run the air conditioner in the living room over dinner. I was so hot from the kitchen and upstairs. It was 30 degrees up here during the day…a bit too hot for poor delicate flower moi. 

F and I went out for some wifi after dinner and went to Starbucks. We both had decaf coffee, which they really didn’t want to make for us. They charge us extra and we had to wait for 10 minutes (but it was a bit longer than that) for the pleasure. As usual, we stayed too long there.  Sigh. I wanted to be back at the house by 11, not just getting to the store then.

We hit up the grocery store and got a few things for the house. We got some bread and also got some frozen fish meals for the three of us. We’ll try them tomorrow.  I think F will be very happy. We’ve had fish twice this week already, and tomorrow will be three times.  I’m okay with it, but I would like something else on Friday.

We came back to the house around 11:30 and I did the garbage up in the kitchen. I got it all ready to go out and then came upstairs and watched Grey’s Anatomy. It was an in-between show I think. Something must be brewing!

And that’s about it. F is still up. He’s complaining about his stomach and says he doesn’t feel too well. I hope he feels better soon.  

Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. We’re having dinner at the house, and maybe we’ll go out again if there is time  


Come back later if you like and check my day out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: