August 16, 2019

Friday - Warm and humid and rainy

F got up this morning and turned on the AC before he left for work.  When I got up I turned it off and couldn’t feel any difference.  

It was a hot and humid day. It wasn’t as hot as the last few days had been, but oh heavens, the humidity.  I nearly turned into a puddle of goo somewhere. 

I had a pretty quiet morning and afternoon for the most part. For lunch, I had a New Zealand meat pie that was great. I had forgotten to buy a salad yesterday though, that was sad.  

I went downstairs to wash my dishes. While I was downstairs, the doorbell rang. There were some men here to help change our internet.  Today? It was supposed to be tomorrow.  Of course, the men kept explaining things to K, but she hasn’t a clue about the internet so she’d just nod and agree with them.  I know a little more, but couldn’t understand them!  I sent my husband texts to see if he knew about this but he didn’t answer me. It wasn’t until he called at 5:30 that I could ask him what was going on.  F didn’t know.

When F came back to Tsuruoka, we went out for dinner to the Chinese-style restaurant in Kushibiki. It was good but was very busy tonight. K had my usual tonight so I had to have something else. Boo! We all swapped dishes anyway so it wasn’t too bad.  

F contacted the new wifi company and they tried to rearrange the time of tomorrow’s meeting. We were originally scheduled between 1 and 5, now they want to come at 11am when F will probably at the doctor office.  Grr.  There was much phoning and lying and such. He’s now supposed to call them in the morning to see if we can have them come in the afternoon.

F wanted to go to the onsen tonight, so I said I didn’t mind. We went and it was very busy for a change. I found a corner to myself, F took a bath.  He stayed around for a few minutes after the bath and then we headed back into Tsuruoka.

We spent about an hour at Komeda Coffee. It was nice and as always, the internet is good. F and I chatted a bit, but mostly he watched YouTube. After the coffee time, which we both had a dessert in, we came back to the house.

I took a shower and F took a nap. He’s on top of his bed at the moment sleeping away. Tomorrow he’s supposed to go to the doctor and the internet is supposed to get changed. F has done none of the work for this and it was 100% his idea, so I am rather annoyed about it. I hope it goes well.

If you don’t hear from me in a few days we’ve probably had a bit of internet trouble. Never fear, I’ll be back as soon as I possibly can. Until tomorrow….

No comments: