August 17, 2019

Saturday - Rainy, hot and humid

What a day!  It wasn't great, to be honest. F got up early and went to the doctor, I slept in a bit.  When he came back, we decided to go out for a fairly early lunch. I suggested Futaba, just up the road and I thought F was okay with it. He did whine a little about ramen though.  Anyway, we got there just before they opened, so we waited and then went in after the doors opened. 

He sat down and announced to me that he wasn't going to eat anything. He said the food was terrible and it was too expensive.  This lovely little restaurant isn't expensive at all. There are quite a few entrees that cost just 1000 yen, they are all delicious and the atmosphere is very casual but adult. Plus the staff is really nice to us when we come in. I was really upset with him.  I had the quiche plate…the waitress knows I like it and came over as we sat down to say they only had one serving left.  Of course, I ordered it, and it was lovely.  F had coffee and spent lunchtime on his phone, what else.  

After I finished we left and I asked him to take me back to the house. However, he didn't. He took me to a ramen restaurant. He paid for ramen at the machine and then had to wait for 5 minutes for a table. We sat down, he got his ramen and then we left. I didn't bother talking to him because he was on his phone so what would have been the point?

We get back to the house after lunch and guys for the internet were already at the house. It wasn't even 1 pm yet. So annoying. They did whatever they were supposed to do…F lambasted one guy about the lies they told about changing the appointment time…we'd booked the time months ago and yesterday they tried to get us to change it to earlier this morning.

The men did their stuff which wasn't much and they left. F and I spent the next 5 hours trying to make the internet work.  Of course, he didn't do anything sensible like photograph the old set up so we could go back to that if it didn't work out…He had done zero research on hooking up the systems and hadn't even opened the boxes until this afternoon. I am so annoyed with him about that.

Poor old K was in the room most of the afternoon with us. She napped for a bit and to be honest, so did I. I've been feeling really run-down all day. I think I sweated too much yesterday and today…just felt blah.  We got bits working. We did get our phones working for a while, but they don't right now. My computer worked when it was physically connected, but I'm bloody well not going to use my computer in the living room. 

Around 6 pm, I put my foot down and said we all needed some food. It was the fireworks night and it would be better for us to go out earlier rather than later. Later on, all the places would be busy when people went after the fireworks.  F agreed with me and despite wanting to go for ramen again, agreed to go to Gusto. 

We had a fairly decent meal there. K had her usual fish dinner but asked that we have an order of fries with it. Yay her!  F had a noodle dish and I had a chicken dish with a spicy sauce. The food was okay. I liked mine, F said his was okay and K ate everything on her tray.  We shared the fries and I contributed my sweet chili sauce from my dish. It was a really good dip for the fries. We all had drink bar too as we had a cheap coupon for it. Yay us.

We came back to the house and F and I worked on the set up again. We almost had it, then we unplugged something or moved something and it was gone again. I'm thinking we need a new something, we might go shopping again tomorrow. We chucked it in around 10:30. It was late and we weren't having much luck.  K had gone to bed after F yelled at her for interfering. I tried to clean up a bit of the mess that we'd left, but it was pretty bad. There is a huge tangle of cords in the living room. It looks awful. I told F that we should wind up some of the cords tomorrow because we can't leave it like that. K is very house proud and even I wouldn't be happy with that mess. 

After we came upstairs I took a break and watched a little TV, F tried to work on the internet again. When he came back upstairs I gave him a hug. He did try really hard today, it's just that he always underestimates how difficult these things are. 

I asked F to ask at the electric shop if there is a person they know who would come out to the house and connect us properly. I'm not sure if there is such a person, but because my computer is in English and the information is in Japanese and F doesn't understand it and I don't understand it, it is difficult to get set up properly.

So, if you are reading this, it is due to me posting this via my phone. It's all quite complicated, but it will hopefully work. 

Come back later if you dare and see if I'm back online properly.  Until tomorrow (I hope)…. 

No comments: