August 18, 2019

Sunday - Hot and Sunny

Last night before bed I finished reading Y is for Yesterday, the last finished Sue Grafton novel. I really enjoyed it and it is so sad that there won't be anymore. That woman could write good stories.

I slept in a bit this morning. F got up early and worked on the internet stuff, didn’t fix it though.

He came up to see if I wanted to go out for lunch and I did. I was a tad nervous though, this weekend he’s been so fussy about food.  We planned for a couple of places, but they both were quite busy. Finally I suggested a yakiniku place near the electric shop where we were going. We got in after a few minute wait and had a lovely lunch. We both had yakiniku, although F had a big rice and gave me some of his meat. He could have had a noodle dish there, or a rice dish, so he wasn’t forced to have yakiniku. It also didn’t cost very much as we had some discount coupons from our last visit and we got a new point card, so they increased the discount by the old points.  Yay us.

We went into the electric shop and I showed F the kind of thing I wanted to buy, a base station that would help spread the wifi in the house. He didn’t want to buy it so we didn’t. Sigh. We went over to the light section and ended up getting me a brand new light for the bedroom. It’s a little old fashioned like a traditional Japanese light in a house, but it has a remote control. The nice thing is I don’t have to turn it off and then walk across the floor in the dark! I can wait until I’m in bed if I want and turn it off then. I can also use it to dim the lights! Woot.

We came back to the house and I had the bright idea to buy some cold drinks for us at a convenience store. I got us 3 cafe lattes, and then made them from the machine in the store. It was fun.  

We brought them back to the house, gave K hers and we sat in the living room, turned on the AC and enjoyed the drinks and the cool. 

While F worked on the light upstairs, I worked on the internet situation. I started by coiling up the cords. The cords that were there were so tangled and mixed up it looked like spaghetti. It was bad. When I had finished, I took everything apart and got F to help me start all over again. We did.  I got internet with my computer tethered to the router, and then I managed to get it switched over to the Airport Extreme. I was worried that it was too old, but it seemed to work. Our cellphones work, my computer works! Woot.  The only thing, and it is a bit of a problem, is that our wifi isn’t very strong on the second floor. Our old apartment was one level and the wifi was fine. Here, it isn’t great upstairs. Still, we have internet and wifi. Woot!

We relaxed for a while and then I suggested that we get K something to eat. It was almost 7 pm.  F and I got her a bento and then went out for our dinner. I had suggested Foodever, but when we got there, the soba/udon place had closed. F seemed disappointed so I said that we didn’t have to stay there. He wanted another udon place, so we drove there. It was closed.

We ended up going to the good Korean place near the house. We had three dishes, and each of us were given a starter dish too.  We had chapchae, chichimi and some watery gyoza. Everything was lovely and we waddled out.

We bought a few things at Mina, the big grocery store. I needed some fancy cheese, so got that, and then just some regular stuff for lunches, etc.

We came back to the house and relaxed for a bit. I took a shower and then F did. I watched The Mentalist and enjoyed it.  The usual Sunday night stuff.


I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I probably should do a bit of laundry and maybe even have a bit of a tidy up. Or, I might just decide to do some Postcrossing!  We’ll just have to see. Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on F for sorting out the WiFi.
And the light, two small things that you
will feel the benefit from every day.