August 22, 2019

Thursday - Humid, a little cooler but hot.

I got up this morning at my usual time and tried to watch the news. I got some of it so that was good. I had a very quiet morning today. I opened my big bag of chocolate granola this morning and also did a load of laundry. No big deal really.

Today was quite quiet. I didn’t use the air conditioner until lunchtime I think. It was so humid more than anything. Bleck.  

I barely saw K at all today. I did see her in the morning when she tried to give me a letter I’d received in the mail. However, I was in the middle of washing my hands so she just put it down. Honestly, she seemed to want me to grab it with wet hands!

When F called in the early evening, I went downstairs and started to get dinner ready. There wasn’t really enough food, I probably should have bought more. K put out some of her edamame, which kind of annoyed me. F said that they weren’t as old as I thought, which was good, but I still didn’t have any.  

I was a puddle of sweat cooking dinner tonight. It wasn’t even that hot in the kitchen, but it was humid. I soaked through my t-shirt, my underwear and my towel that I’d brought down.  Did anyone think to turn on the AC for me? Nope.  Of course not.  Dinner was a fish stir-fry and some pilaf from the store. It was okay. I added in a cut-up beet and some miso soup. Nobody seemed too enthusiastic about dinner though. Sigh. 

F did help by washing the dishes and I dried them. He wanted to go to the onsen and I had said I’d go if he helped with the dishes.  Yay him.

We got to the onsen and went in. The seating was busy so I took a chair in the corner. F usually takes an hour so I was looking forward to some me-time, but he came back out in about 40 minutes. I wanted to tell him to go back in!

We came back into Tsuruoka and went to Komeda Coffee.  We both had kakigori again. I had the coffee one and F had the strawberry one. Mine was good, he said he liked his.  We didn’t buy groceries afterwards. I’m not cooking tomorrow night.

When we got back to the house, I shared a bottle of Aquarius Zero with F. Since dinner, I had just felt really drained. I honestly sweated so much that it was a bit scary for me. I felt better afterwards.  

I took a shower and then came back upstairs and watched a bit of TV. I also did up a postcard while I was doing that. I had no cards travelling at the moment. I have one going off to Germany now, so that’s nice!


I have no idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I hope that I’ll do another card or two and I hope that I’ll maybe get a chance to tidy up a bit. Come back later on and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: