August 21, 2019

Wednesday - Overcast but hot

I woke up in a start this morning. It was late! I’d forgotten to set my alarms last night, so overslept by about 45 minutes. It wasn’t too bad as I didn’t have a lot planned for this morning.  I skipped breakfast and got ready to go out and meet my friend.  

She picked me up a bit after 11 and we went off to the Hotel adjoining the mall.  It was very nice there. The atmosphere is good and the food is too, so we were both happy.  We talked for a long time about this and that, our lives in Japan, our families, the whole thing.  We did a little window shopping too, walked around the mall and even had some ice cream and a drink.  Sadly, she had to leave and we hugged goodbye.

I decided that I’d walk to the post office near the station and renew my membership at their machine. I got halfway there and remembered that I could have done that in the mall at their post office machine. Gah!  Still, I went to the post office, did it myself and then bought some nice stamps so not a bad thing overall.

I toured through Foodever tonight, thinking that I’d have something to drink at the coffee shop. However, it was closed. Boo! I went back to S-Mall. I did a bit of shopping for myself. I got a few things in the hundred yen shop, and some socks for myself over in the clothing shop. I hope they fit okay. 

I didn’t want to go straight to Doutors so I had a churro in the bakery’s cafe. Last night, Bake-Off had the bakers making churros so they were on my mind!

After that, and a little walk around the place, I went to Doutor again!  I had an iced drink and waited for F to finish work.

He called me about 20 minutes later and said he’d be 20 minutes. He didn’t take very long at all.  

We picked up some groceries and a bento for K at the grocery store. We took them back to the house, gave K her food, put the other food in the fridge and then went out again. 

F was doing his annoying, “you pick the restaurant” thing, so I asked him for his budget. He gave me one and then I listed off a few restaurants that we could eat at. He picked one that we haven’t been to in a while, To-en.  I usually call it the Chinese restaurant on the other side of Komagihara park! It was quite good tonight and we ate very well. I ordered a vegetable stir-fry which actually didn’t have meat in it, F had his yakisoba with a starchy sauce, and we also had some fried chicken and some spring rolls.  It was all good.  F paid and we came back to the house. We were slightly over budget, but not by too much, so yay.

I watched a bit of TV tonight, but before I did, I did up the garbage. I emptied a few things out of the fridge before closing up the bag for the night. 

I came back upstairs and tried to catch up on my TV schedule. I didn’t manage!

Basically, that’s it for tonight. It was a pretty good day, but we’ll see if anything happens later on.  Come back soon to see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: