September 24, 2019

Tuesday - Sunny, rainy and sometimes both at once!

We had a super day out today. I was quite surprised that we didn’t fight and things happened close to our plans as well. Yay for that.

We did get up before 9 this morning and while we didn’t quite make our 9 am leaving time, we were out in the car before 9:30, so quite reasonable. We had a nice breakfast at Gusto and then set out. F wanted to go a different way today. He’d been advised to try the new free highway from Shinjo to Yamagata, but it took ages to drive there and then the highway didn’t seem all that anyway. I hope this won’t be a thing!

When we got to Yamagata we went to the Aeon Mall and did a bit of shopping. We wanted to have lunch, but the food court wasn’t appealing so we decided to skip it all. We bought some food in Kaldi, I checked out the craft shop but didn’t buy anything and then we checked out the clothing areas. F suggested trying on some shoes. He kept trying to get me to buy fairly high heeled pumps. They were nice, but honestly, I just don’t wear heels anymore, so I turned him down nicely. I tried on a pair of walking casual shoes that were very close to fitting, but not quite good enough. I put them back.

I did get a couple of shirts for fall (I hope) there. I tried on three things and the first and third were great. The middle one was okay and F probably would have told me to get it too, but I didn’t like it that much. It wasn’t in proportion for me.

We left the mall and sat in the car for a bit trying to think of a place to eat. I asked Siri and he suggested a place in the mall that we hadn’t noticed, Saizeria.  We ended up going there and having a fairly good lunch. I had shrimp and zucchini pasta, F had the mixed grill and we shared some baked potatoes in a cheesy bacon sauce. Nice. 

We left after this and went to Costco.  It was nice to be there today. It wasn’t busy at all, and we were able to park very close to the store. We went in and did quite a bit of shopping. I got a new cotton blanket for my bed, F got some new shirts, and we got some of our usual things. I picked up some avocados, some tortilla chips, cereal, raspberries, some A&W root beer, salad, and a few other things. I’m quite happy about the things I got. I didn’t get a lot of snacks this time, just the tortilla chips.

We checked out and then put the shopping in the car.  We came back in and had an ice cream each, a half Hokkaido and half mango soft ice cream.  Yum.

We headed back out of Yamagata and talked about having dinner. We decided to go to a place in Sagae that we visited once before.  We got on the road and finally found the place. I had the Hanako plate which had some chicken, pork and vegetable cutlets with the usual side dishes, plus a chawanmushi and a dessert. Yay. F had soba with chicken I think he said.  Dinner was quite good.

We made good time coming back to Tsuruoka, although I had to remind F to slow down a bit along the way. He likes to go really fast, but it was a bit too fast for me and the car!

K woke up when we got back to the house and seemed happy to see her.  I gifted her with her box of tissues! I’m not sure if she’s seen her mikans yet. She went back to bed soon after we got back.

F and I put things away and I made an off the cuff suggestion about dinner for tomorrow night. We’ll have pasta, but I’ll use some of the carton of salad and cull the raspberries too. I might do a few tuna salad croissants or something on the side, just to use things we bought.


F has to go back to work tomorrow and I have to take care of a few things around the house. Come back later and see what happens here. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: