September 23, 2019

Monday - cloudy and rainy and super windy

I got up this morning at my usual time, 8:00 am.  I watched some news from the bed and F brought me up a piece of his freshly baked bread, so that was lovely. We had a fairly relaxing morning around here. I watched the last episode of Pretty Little Liars for the second time. After a while, Fumihiko and I went out for lunch.

I wasn’t too fussy today and suggested gyudon. I had their latest special, sort of an okonomiyaki thing with shaved beef and a raw egg.  I broke the raw egg and used their separator, but the yolk fell threw into the bowl too. F got all huffy at me, but I told him to relax.  It really didn’t matter to me at all. Anyway, the whole meal was pretty gross and I’m quite sorry that I chose that particular dish. I did like the shijimi soup though.  F seemed to like his, he had a basic gyudon. When we got up to pay there was a slight problem. F had left his wallet at the house! Luckily I had money, so I paid. (He did pay me back later, never fear.)

We went back to the house to pick up his wallet and use the washroom, then zoomed over to our usual place to do the laundry. Yes, we finally took our bedding in to be washed in hot water. The place was really quiet for a change. Hurray for that. I started reading a book that I am really enjoying, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It’s an epistolary novel and there aren’t that many of them these days. 

We folded up the laundry when it was done and took it back to the house via Coopia.  We needed washrooms and I wanted to check out the hundred yen shop there. It’s huge and so nice. 

We decided to pick up something for K’s dinner on the way back to the house as it was around 5 pm. We got a few things for tonight and tomorrow as well.

Back at the house we made our bed and revelled in that particular joy.  K ate her food I think and F and I relaxed for a bit.

F and I went out after 7:30…I wasn’t the one dragging my feet this time. I suggested the real okonomiyaki place for dinner and F agreed. However, when we got there, they were already closed. I made F check just to be sure and they were closed. Sigh.

Hubs suggested going for Indian food. I was a bit worried about his stomach, but he said it was okay. We went and had a really nice meal. We were the only customers there. The storm overhead was noisy and not many people were out anyway.

After we left the restaurant, they shut the door and turned off the lights. They’re having an early night too.

We came back to the house and relaxed.  We took showers and have agreed that we’re going to go to Yamagata tomorrow. We’re planning a Costco run, but I’m not sure what we’ll buy! We do need to renew our membership again, and I’m hoping to do something else in Yamagata city too.

F is feeling a bit under the weather, so I’m not sure if we will go or not. I think it depends on how he feels tomorrow. Fingers crossed he’ll be okay. In any case, F wants to leave (if we go) early, so I have promised to be up and ready to go around 9:00am. Ack. I’d better get to bed soon then.


Come back later if you will and see if we make the trip to Yamagata and if the typhoon is a factor in our decision.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: