October 27, 2019

Sunday - Cloudy and cold

I’ve spent most of the day in bed, to be honest.  I got up around 11 the first time, had breakfast so that I could take some medicine and then went back to bed for a couple of hours.

F wanted to go out “to have some fun” so I got dressed and went out with him.  We stopped at a drugstore and I got my lotion tissues and then he proceeded to drive us into the mountains to look at the Autumn colours.  He stopped at a vegetable store in Asahi and we went in.  They had some cool veggies, but when we got to the back of the store, F asked if I’d like to have lunch. Well, not really.  He read off part of the restaurant menu to me, I went closer for another look and of course, it was closed. 

Then he wanted to buy some slimy mushrooms for miso soup, but I said I didn’t like them very much.  He stormed off after that.  So nice of him. I would have bought a cauliflower or a romanesque if I’d had time to really think about it.

We get back in the car and he drives off again. Next, we were going to pass a place that has washrooms, so I asked if we could stop. We took care of business and then went to look at the remains of a museum.  The building is still there, but it is being underutilized at the moment.  We went in. They had some things in English, so I grabbed a couple of brochures, but we didn’t stay long.

Next up was another roadside stop. We went in, and of course, they had finished their lunch service too. I pointed out that there was ramen on offer and F was welcome to have some. He didn’t like that ramen apparently.  Please note, that I was not hungry at all, yet he was upset at me because I didn’t like the food that was on offer.  (I didn’t say anything of the sort.)

I told him if he was hungry we should head back to Tsuruoka and he could get something there. That’s what we did. We did stop at another roadside place, I got a butternut squash, F got some pears.

He went to a butcher’s shop and picked up some bentos for dinner. They were quite expensive but turned out to be quite good.

We went back to the house. F heated up the bentos, I took things to the table at his command. He cut up a pear and split it three ways, so we had the bento and the pear. I ate the bento and a sliver of the pear. I gave the rest of the pear to him and excused myself and came upstairs to go to bed. I took my medicine and got into bed, still half-dressed and slept for a couple of hours. 

F came to bed a little later.  He’s moaning and groaning about his back and his stomach. Sigh.

I got up to use the ‘loo, change into my PJs and to blog.  When I finish here, I’m going back to bed. I’m missing one course of my tablets, but I really don’t feel like eating more.


Anyway, that’s it for me.  I’m off to bed again. I hope I’ll be here tomorrow! Until then….

No comments: