November 13, 2019

Wednesday - Sunny and Warm. 

I had a good and quite different day today. I got up this morning, watched the news, but also started putting together a few things for my outing. I had an early breakfast for a change. I washed my bowl and let K know that I was going to Mikawa and would be back with F tonight. I’m not sure how, but she understood me…yet other times she has no idea what I’m trying to tell her!

I walked to the bus stop. It’s over a kilometre away, so I walked briskly. I only stopped to buy a bottle of water.  I got to the bus stop at the time the bus was supposed to be there, but it was a minute or two late, so I was fine.

The bus wasn’t crowded, so I had a pleasant trip out to the mall. It was hot though! I got on and found a seat and it was so hot I took off my jacket. Then I found the vents in the ceiling and opened them so I got a bit of cooler air. 

I got to the mall on time I think. The bus arrived at 11:17 or so. I got to the important business of shopping.  I searched for a few things for myself, but I mostly was interested in finding things for my nephew and other people on my Christmas list. I got some things today, but I’d like to get a few more really. I stopped for lunch around 1:30. I had pasta at the pasta restaurant I often go to. It was nice. I had a salmon and ikura cream pasta with mushrooms. I made it a set with drink bar and a side salad. I was very pleased with the meal.

I went into quite a few of the shops in the mall, but I didn’t find everything I wanted. Some of it is size problems, but other things are that North America and Japan have such different lives that things don’t always translate. I did end up getting a few stocking stuffer kinds of things for the people on my list.  

Around 4 pm I think, I went to the McDonalds and tried their new treat, Double Chocolate Melts. They were not what I hoped. I do wish that I had been able to share them with someone as I didn’t like them as much as I thought I would. In fact, I didn’t eat the last one, I binned it.

Sounds good, eh?  Last year's cinnamon melts were amazing...

These don't exactly look appealing and they aren't very Insta-friendly either!

F called me around 5:30 and we made arrangements to meet up. His work is about 5 minutes away from the mall, so I got to the mall entrance at the same time as he did. I’d wandered down the mall before he called. We met up and had a couple of cups of cafe-au-lait at Mister Donut. F had a donut, but I didn’t. I didn’t need it after all.

We talked a bit about what we wanted to do. F kept suggesting that we have dinner in the mall, but I wanted to take bentos back to the house and have dinner with K.  That is what we ended up doing.

We bought a few groceries and then drove back to Tsuruoka. K was still up when we arrived so we heated up the bentos and had dinner together.  Afterwards, F and I did the dishes and came upstairs. 

I remembered that I had to do the garbage up for tomorrow, so I did that.  With my decluttering, I’d filled my bag, so F had to have his own gomi bag tonight.  I went downstairs, took care of the kitchen stuff and then took a shower.

I came back upstairs, watched New Amsterdam and the news from earlier in the day. F and I chatted a bit, but he’s on his computer, I’m on mine, so we’re a quiet bunch. 

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I should do some laundry and I have to do two days of decluttering, plus put away some of the purchases that I made today. 

Oh, if you are remembering…it has now been one year since the Starbucks opened in Tsuruoka. Woot! We don’t go too often, probably more than we should, but it can be really busy so there aren’t enough seats for us. 


That’s it for me. Come back later if you like and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: