November 24, 2019

Sunday - Clear and sunny, warm

In a way, today was a good day. I got several of my goals accomplished too, so that was great.  I got my shoes from the repair place, I got a new battery for one of my watches and I decided what to cook for dinner tomorrow. But…I had a bit of a blow-up at my husband for being his usual idiotic self, so I’m feeling pretty lousy about it.

I went to bed really late last night, overslept today. We all slept in, but F and K were up before me and they had brunch together. F came back into the room and wanted to go out for lunch around 2. The thing is that everywhere good is usually finished around then. He wanted to go back to Kushibiki to see if the restaurant that was privately booked last night was open. I didn’t want to go. We ended up going to Jiro near my first apartment. It was a good choice.

Jiro wasn’t too busy and I got to have my old favourite, Pork sauce with garlic oil. It was good. F had carbonara and said he liked it.  

After lunch we went looking for shoes for F. He got some in Shoe Bahn. I hope they will be okay. I tried to find myself a new pair but the women’s section is hopeless and all the men’s pairs that I might have been interested in were the wrong size.

We went to the shoe repair place, picked up my shoes and then headed to S-Mall.  We tried to get a new watch band for my watch since it is a little tight these days. I took out a link before when I was thinner and lost it, so I can’t replace it. Sigh. They didn’t have a band that was long enough for me, so I didn’t change it. I did get a new battery put into my new watch, the one that F got me a few years ago that I don’t really like. It’s too big and clunky really. Still, it is a nice watch and I should try to get used to it. I just really love my old watch. It was the first nice thing that F ever gave me from when we were first engaged.

While they were putting the battery in my watch, we had coffee or tea in Doutors. Of course, F didn’t bother to talk to me while he had his iPhone with him. Sigh.

After we picked up my watch F wanted to get bentos and I didn’t. I wanted to go to the hundred yen shop so we did. We both got quite a few things there. I was really trying to get rid of F so that I could get him a present in another store. Finally, he said that he’d go and use the bank machine downstairs so I thought I had my chance. I went to the video store and grabbed the DVD I wanted to give him. Now, this is the problem. The woman told me that it was on special with two DVDs for the price marked, I thought she meant that for the lower price marked, I got an inferior DVD set…only one DVD vs two in the pack.  She was showing me that I could pick any other DVD from the group in front of me when I noticed F walking by. I thanked the woman, scanned the DVDs quickly and put the one I had picked up back. I went over to F and told him he wasn’t getting a present because he was being too nosy and then I walked off to go to the washroom. 

I was so upset with him.  I had wanted his present to be a surprise and he had to come and find me. I had a little rant in the ladies room and then went looking for him.  Of course, by the time I found him he was angry at me. Quelle surprise.  He bought some rice in the grocery store downstairs and I gave him my shopping bag but didn’t pack it for him. I don’t eat the stuff.

We came back to the house in silence. I know that F didn’t really know that I was in the store, but good grief, couldn’t he turn around and leave when he saw me? I told him I was going to get him his present, but he had to be Mister Snoopy Snoop Snoop so he got nowt.

I was still full from dinner and feeling quite horrible at this moment in time, so thought about just staying at the house in bed. I was actually in bed when F asked if I was ready to leave. I didn’t want to keep on an angry tack, so I went out with them. We went to Gusto and had an okay meal. Poor K was on the verge of eating at the house and her meal took the longest. I’m not sure what happened. I had asked F to order us some French Fries and of course he didn’t, so the poor woman had to sit there and watch us eat our meals before hers came. 

We came back to the house with K, dropped her off and then F and I went out for kerosene and groceries. I’m going to cook tomorrow night, I think I’ll make tuna patties. F and K can have them on rice, I’ll have mine with salad, and maybe some couscous if I feel like it. 

Back at the house, we had a quiet evening. F and I basically ignored each other, except when I helped him set up his mouse. I worked on a little decoration for the ornament exchange. I made a cute little wreath. I might make something else soon too. I’ll try and block it tomorrow, maybe post a picture if I’m up to it.

Yeah, so that’s my day. I know I shouldn’t have lost my temper with F but he never gives me a moment alone. I’m so sick of it. Thank goodness he is going back to work tomorrow. Three days together is about three too many for me!


Come back later if you dare and see what Monday brings. Until tomorrow….

No comments: