November 25, 2019

Monday - Rainy but warm

Unbelievably, you have only one month left to find my Christmas present now!

I got up “on time” this morning, but didn’t really stir for a while. I watched the news from the bed and checked out Facebook on my phone. I was really surprised later when I noticed it was after 10. Yikes!

I went downstairs, grabbed breakfast and came back upstairs. I ate fairly quickly.  After breakfast, I went downstairs with my latest doily and a couple of Christmas ornaments that I’ve made. I washed/rinsed them all and brought them back upstairs. I then began the long and painful (the auto-correct won’t let me type pinfull but it was more correct) process of blocking my doily. I didn’t have enough room on the floor of my room, so had to move to the bed. I got it done while I watched the first episode of Absentia season two. It was good.

Pinfull is appropriate, isn't it?
I went downstairs around 1:30 to start dinner and make lunch. I set up for making tuna patties for dinner tonight. The recipe said that it took 10 minutes of prep time, but they must have had superpowers. I had to wash some of the ingredients, measure, find the things that went in it. It took a while. I was done prepping and then cleaning up after an hour or more! 

Then I started making lunch and got a nasty shock when I saw that someone had left my toaster oven in a huge mess. They’d grilled mochi, something I don’t eat and just left the mess all over the grill. I was quite angry. I thought it was my husband so I took a picture of it. I was going to angry message him about it but thought better of it.

I went back upstairs and started to work on another craft project. I got a little bit done. I also watched the news. F had phoned to say he’d be a bit late, but he didn’t know how late. I didn’t know when to actually go and cook dinner so mostly stayed upstairs.

I went down to the kitchen after 6:30, thinking that I really should get things ready. I made some couscous for myself, prepared some green onions for dinner, did a few things around the kitchen to get ready. It wasn’t until I went to the washroom that I noticed that F had called. Oops.  

He arrived when I came out of the washroom. I was glad to see him.  

I started to get things ready. I sautéed the tuna patties and I toasted a chichimi from the freezer. I plated the salad and took the couscous to the table. Basically, I got dinner ready. F heated the rice and I put in on the plates.  

Dinner was good and got great reviews. Yay! It doesn’t always happen, but most of the food disappeared. I still have couscous for me, and there  is one tuna patty for K’s lunch if she remembers.  

I cleared the table after and even did some of the dishes, but F, bless him, came in and washed the majority of them. I asked him about the toaster oven and he said that he didn’t do it. It’s a good thing I didn’t angry message! It must have been his mother. I don’t know if she didn’t notice or what…

After F finished the dishes, and I finished drying them I cleaned the stove and then the toaster oven. I got most of the mochi off. It was hard as there was one piece melted over a bit that doesn’t come off the oven. Yuck.

I came upstairs after dinner, and F came a few minutes later. He did ask if I wanted to go out, but I was okay. I fell quite tired tonight and really don’t want to go out. F was tired too and just went to bed.

I took a shower and watched The Good Wife afterwards. I think these are episodes that I haven’t seen before, so that is fun. I followed that up with some American Idol. While I appreciate that the show is shorter in its run, I don’t like it as much as before!

I’ve made myself a list with things to do on it tomorrow. I have to get started on my Christmas cards as I don’t know if I’m going to have enough! I thought I bought a few extra ones last month, but I can’t find them. Sigh.

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: