November 27, 2019

Wednesday - Sunny but cool

Today was a busy day in a way. It didn’t start that way of course. I overslept by a few minutes and then got up. I watched the news from the bed and then got dressed. I decided not to do any laundry today, although I might regret that later.

I started watching telly off the DVR quite early today so got a lot watched. I also got a lot of things done too, so that was good.  I wrote 3 Christmas cards today too and now I’m out of them. Oh no!  What to do? I worked on my crocheted ornament too but discovered that my third round count was way out, so there was no way it would work. I reworked them and they were better, but the fourth round isn’t going to work. Sigh. I’ve just made the executive decision to go back and not redo it!  I need to cut my losses and try something else. It’ll be fine!

I also took my doily and the two ornaments I had made off the blocking boards today. The doily looks fabulous. I don’t often blow my own craft horn (or do I?), but this turned out so well. My blocking wasn’t perfect, but it did improve the doily I think. 

I was enjoying a bit of a relaxing day as F was due to cook dinner today. I didn’t have to worry about it at all…or so I thought. He phoned me from Yamagata City and said that he was still there and would likely be late. I asked about dinner and he asked me to cook it. Ack. 

When I went downstairs around 5 pm to wash my dishes I did a bit of prep for dinner. I put a mixture of garlic and soy sauce on the pork I bought last night, let the slices marinate in the fridge. There was one potato left, but it was a big one, and I had a potato salad spice packet.  Well, those two things went together. I cooked the potato after I peeled and sectioned it, I left it to cool. I also prepared a few of the long green onions for eating and used some of the really long green bits to snip onto a plate for miso soup or the salad.

I went upstairs after all this prep and took a bit of a rest.  That’s when I worked on my ornament. 

F called to say he was on his way so I went back downstairs and got busy. I made up the potato salad and it was nice, I set the table, set up the bowls for miso soup, heated the rice in the microwave and basically got the meal on the table in a hurry.  We all sat down to a nice meal and it was good. There were a few leftovers at the end, but I plated them for K’s lunch if she wants them. 

F disappeared again during the dishes time. Considering I wasn’t even supposed to cook tonight, I think it was rather choice of him not to make an appearance. I know he was tired, but so was I. I washed and dried everything, then cleaned the stove and sorted out the garbage for tomorrow.  I bagged it up but didn’t put it out as I didn’t want anyone to trip over it. 

When I finished I came upstairs and had a rest.  F came up a few minutes later and said he wanted a bath and would go to the nearby onsen. I didn’t want to go as they don’t have comfortable chairs or wifi. I gave F my blessing to go but asked that we get a few groceries afterwards.  He would phone me when he as leaving the spa.

I watched a little YouTube…I watched a couple of videos about surviving a long haul flight. One of the “expert’s” ideas was to use facial masques overnight…or to have some perfume or other cosmetic things close on hand to use.  Ack!  As a person who is highly sensitive to smelly products, if my seatmate started using perfume-y things on the flight, I’d have watering eyes and a runny nose in seconds. It just seemed selfish to me. 

I went downstairs a little early and then went outside. It was raining quite hard, but I was under the roof so it was okay. F called to say he was coming and when he arrived I got in the car and off we went.

We went to McDonald’s first and I had the cinnamon melts. So much nicer than the chocolate ones. F had a chocolate pie thing and a coffee, I drank some sokenbicha.



We went to the grocery store and got a few groceries for tomorrow.  I hope that F will indeed do the cooking tomorrow. I don’t care if he doesn’t, but I am not planning to do it. I have nothing left in the fridge to contribute now. 

I came back to the house with F, took a shower and then came back and watched New Amsterdam and started to blog. I had a bit of an eyebrow raise at some shenanigans on the Tohoku group. I’m not going to the big ETJ Expo for the first time in years and it sounds like someone is panicking over what to do. 

Anyway, that’s it for me. Tomorrow I might start printing out nengajo or something. I really do need to get a start on them if I’m going to send them this year. And I am!


Come back later if you like and find out how my Thursday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: