November 28, 2019

Thursday - Rainy and snowy, cold

I woke up this morning when F got up but was able to roll over and cover my eyes so I didn’t completely wake up. I ended up oversleeping and it was after 9 before I got up. K wasn’t up either, so I didn’t worry much about it. I watched the news and then went down to do some laundry and grab breakfast.

I was a bit busy with laundry today, I did a couple of loads and also put away some of the older stuff from the hangers. I worked on my ornament too and got it done fairly late in the afternoon. Yay me.



F called after 5 to say he was on his way, which was fine. I reminded him that he was cooking tonight.  When he got here tonight I stayed out of his way. He was still in his work clothes but cooked anyway.  He made miso soup and daikon oroishi, grilled some salty salmon and gave us some rice with that too.  I contributed some salad that I had insisted on buying last night!

Dinner was okay. I’m supposed to be reducing my salt intake, but almost every dish was full of salt. Yikes. I told F about it when he bought the fish but he didn’t seem to care.  Nice!  Then he piled on the other salty foods. 

He washed the dishes and I dried most of them. I wasn’t going to at first but decided that if I dried them they’d get put away too. I’d rather put them away in the evening than in the morning when they are cold.  

When we were done F and I went to the onsen. It was snowing outside on the way and the snow was starting to stick a little. F went and had his bath, I did some crochet and listened to a bit of a podcast. I enjoyed myself.

We left the onsen and F asked if I’d like to go for a drink. We went to Komeda Coffee and had our usual decaf coffee. It was good but my creamer seemed a little greasy or something.

We left just before closing and I asked F that I not have to cook dinner tomorrow night. I’ve done it three times this week and the kitchen is getting colder.  Two of the times I had no help whatsoever, so I’m not really in a hurry to do it again. He said it was okay, but I imagine when we fight over restaurants tomorrow night I’ll regret it!  (I did suggest bentos as a substitute too.)

At the house, we had a quiet evening. It was cold upstairs so the heater has been heating things up and working hard. I sit near the heater so it is a bit hot for me.  I watched a bit of TV nothing too major. F has gone to bed fairly early I think. Yay for that. The weather has really affected his back today. Poor thing. I think he’s dreading having to shovel snow.

And that’s about it. I got my ornaments ready to send away for the exchange. I hope the recipient enjoys them, I think they are awfully cute!


Come back on Friday if you like and hear all about my adventures. Until tomorrow….

No comments: