January 17, 2020

Friday - Warmish and clear

I’ve had a good few days. I won’t go into much of them, but my trip back to Japan was fraught with worry as the weather in Canada was really bad…it was colder than minus 30 at times and planes were running late.  I just made my connection in Vancouver even though I had left myself more than two hours…I made it though.

I had won my bid to have Preferred Economy on the way back and it was lovely!  If I can, I’m doing it again. I had a lovely wide seat with a leg rest and a nice recline that didn’t bother anyone. We got some nice touches from the airline too, slippers, toothbrushes and toothpaste and even a special dessert during the flight. I think my favourite bit was the noise-cancelling headphones-the noise of the plane’s motors really bother me and this time it didn’t. I almost enjoyed my 9 or 10 hours on the plane!

My hotel in the airport was fine, I had a nice dinner and then crashed. In the morning I had breakfast at the hotel, then checked out and met some friends. Two of them came to the airport to meet me. It was lovely to see them and we had lunch in a pizza restaurant.  

My last flight for a while was good, and hubby was waiting for me at the airport near our city. He’d taken a bit of time off, so that was really sweet of him.  We got his mother a bento for a meal and also a few groceries and then we had a nice dinner before coming back to the house. I was in bed before 11pm I think.

Today I got up at my usual Japan time and watched the news. The room was cold so I had to heat it up. I made the bed and basically did a few things around the room.  When it was time for breakfast I took a load of laundry down and washed that, and tackled the kitchen. It wasn’t good. People hadn’t used liners in the corner basket for example, so I had to clean that up. I threw out a few bits of wrappers that never got near the garbage and even took a bag of garbage out to the garage. Bleck.

My suitcases didn’t arrive until the very end of the time they were supposed to. I was making my lunch when they came. I took one upstairs, but the heavy one I waited a little bit first. I took out half of the stuff in it, then I was able to maneuver it up the stairs. 

I spent part of the afternoon unpacking and trying to find places for stuff. I got my small suitcase done, but still have the big one to do. 

F came back around 6 pm tonight. We had decided last night that we’d go out for dinner.  I had asked for sushi since I haven’t had any for a month.  (Well, I did have some in Canada at a party, but it wasn’t real sushi!) Sushi was good. Both F and his mother ate a lot. It was a surprise to see K eating so much. She kept grabbing her favourite fish before she’d finished her other plate of it.  She had three plates of saba!  

We dropped K at the house and then F and I went off to a drugstore. We needed a few things for the house. After that, we went for coffee to Komeda. It was back to the old thing of sitting across from each other and not talking. Boo! I must stop that somehow.

We came back to the house and had showers. F tried on the long johns I got him in Canada and they fit but are a bit long. I think they’ll do. 

I’m off to bed in a minute or so, I’m still too jet-lagged to really stay up much later. 


Come back later to find out how things go on the Shonai Plain.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: