January 18, 2020

Saturday - Sunny and clear, fairly warm too.

I woke up a bit early this morning, I am still quite jet-lagged. I ended up getting up around 9. I spent time on my computer and even made some breakfast for my husband and I. Don’t get too excited, it was only yogurt and cereal, but I don’t do that often.  

We had doctor’s appointments today so we left the house around 11:15 and got to the office before 11:30. It was busy and we couldn’t even sit down for ages. We waited for over an hour to be seen, luckily I had taken my Journal with me so I had something to read!

After we left we went to the bank because F didn’t have enough money with him, then went back to his house and picked up his mother. We took her to Arpeggio, the Japanese place on Ginza-dori for a nice lunch. I had katsu-don and I enjoyed it, F had the fish set lunch and his mother had ginger pork.  After lunch, we came back into the house and vegged for a while. 

 Around 4 F and I started to get ready to go out again. We were going to the Aquarium again to see a concert. We picked up something for K’s dinner first and dropped it off. 

We got to the aquarium and had a good snoop around. There are a few changes underway, including some building going on. It looks like some of the jellyfish have been replaced too. I was enjoying looking at the jellies and the octopuses when F announced he needed the washroom. Good grief.  We walked back to the washrooms and took care of business. Then he wanted to go back the same way to wait for the concert. I told him to go ahead and that I’d go in the other way we usually go. He finally left.  I don’t know what he was on about. We’ve always gone in the way I did tonight and it was fine, in fact, they sort of asked that we not go in the way he wanted to go. 

Anyway, I went in the way I wanted and then got in a line which wasn’t a good idea as the people in line didn’t have memberships like I did. I figured it out eventually and got into the theatre where F was waiting and sitting. He was all grumpy and mean and said he wanted to sit somewhere else but I wasn’t there.  So….why didn’t he just sit where he wanted?  I don’t know. I offered to move with him but he didn’t want to anymore. Can’t please some people.

The concert started and it was…strange. It felt like the male performer was going to be doing some kind of from the heart riffing on jellyfish. He started in English, but it was Japlish English and didn’t make a lot of sense. When I finally decided to think of the whole thing as Performance Art it made more sense and I could enjoy it more than if it was a bad concert. The female performer that he worked with was very talented but had one of those high squeaky voices that many Japanese women singers have. I didn’t really understand why they were working together. At one point he was playing the koto and nearly banged some of the audience on the head so I am glad that we didn’t move to the front row.

Afterwards, F bought the woman’s cd. Sigh. I think high and squeaky singing is in my future. 

We decided to go for dinner. F’s first suggestion was closed (whew, cause I didn’t like it).  I then suggested going to the Mikawa Mall area and going for okonomiyaki since we haven’t had it in ages. He agreed to my idea, but when I suggested turning towards the mall told me that I had the wrong road. Er, no, _I_ didn’t. He did. He drove us the wrong way but did have the grace to admit it. 

We went for okonomiyaki and it was nice. We made two kinds, one with some seafood in it, and one with kimchi in it. Both were pretty good.

We came back to the house after our meal. F got into bed ages before me. Of course, he had lost his phone somewhere in the house so he had to find it first. Then I was able to show him my pictures from my holiday. He got the whole thing with explanations too!


Anyway, that’s it for me. Not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. Come back and see if it is fun in any way, shape or form! Until tomorrow….

No comments: