January 28, 2020

Tuesday - Rainy

My day started really well. I got up, watched the news and even got some mail.  Actually, I got the best mail today!  A few days ago I had seen a picture of Nigel Slater and Nadyia on a British magazine cover. Since I am a huge Nigel Slater fan and I really like Nadyia since she won Bake-off, I wrote on Facebook that it was sad that I wouldn’t be able to read the magazine article. Well, a couple of my friends in Britain saw my post and sent it to me!  Happy, happy day!



I did a couple of loads of laundry and even spent time on my column. I think I just need to proof-read it and send it in. Fingers crossed anyway.

I got a text from F that he was going to take off next Wednesday and next Friday. I don’t know why for either day. I had suggested next Monday and a trip to Costco, but he’s strange that way.

When F came back tonight he wanted to know what was for dinner. I told him that he was supposed to do the crab for dinner. He asked me what I was going to have with the crab and I said I didn’t know. I had bought salad yesterday.  I also said I didn’t want rice or miso soup with it. He got angry and said that the crab was like a snack and we should have something else. I told him I said that yesterday but he refused to buy anything to eat with it. He stormed off to bed and I got quite angry at him. I told him it was his responsibility to feed his mother and that I wasn’t going to do it.  After pouting for a while he went downstairs and I guess fed her. 

When he came back up I asked him what they’d had for dinner and he’d shared one of the crabs with her and something else I guess? I was upset. He ran off to the onsen with his mother eventually, took ages before they left.

I had my dinner, I had some frozen pasta from the freezer. It was good. I watched some YouTube and then at 9:00pm put Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on and watched that. When F came back I asked if he wanted to watch it too, but he yelled that he didn’t.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, even though I had a grumpy, noisy man in the next part of the room. I did a couple of rows of knitting while I watched the film. 

When it was over I watched an episode of The Handmaid’s Tale off the DVR so that I won’t lose my place in the show and then turned off the TV. Someone is still very grumpy although he’s gone to bed. He’s even asked me to cancel the hotel room that I reserved for the two of us next weekend, but I’m holding off for now. 

And that’s about it. I wonder how many days I’ll be in disgrace? I don’t really care. I just wish I hadn’t bothered coming back from Canada. 

I’m really trying to hold on to the happy thing that my friends did for me though. It was so sweet of them to send me the magazine, it was a treat to read too. 


That’s it for me. No idea what’ll happen tomorrow. Come on back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: