January 29, 2020

Wednesday - Rainy and warm

I first woke up around 6 am because F’s light was on. He was awake and using his computer. He was still majorly grumpy with me. I had checked my phone on the way downstairs and saw a message from an old friend that I haven’t been in touch with for years. 

F took today off work. He was complaining about being dizzy, so probably not a good thing to go to work. I suggested he go to the doctor early, but he didn’t.

I had a fairly quiet morning. I watched my TV programmes and I kept the volume down so I wouldn’t disturb F. I had some breakfast and even though I offered tea or coffee it wasn’t accepted.

In the afternoon F went to the doctor and was gone for a while. I did a final push on my column and got it done and submitted. Yay for me. When he came back, F was still grumpy but didn’t seem quite as bad.

He had a nap for a while and then went downstairs. I think he made something for his mother and himself to eat. While he was doing that, I asked him to take me grocery shopping later on. I wouldn’t be able to eat much tomorrow if he didn’t. He said he would.

He came back upstairs and then we went out. I asked to go to MaxValu as they have good deli stuff. I got some groceries for my lunches over the next few days and some bread, something for dinner, more yogurt, usual kinds of things.  F did ask me on the way to the store if I’d prefer to go to a restaurant, but I didn’t really want to go to one. 

We came back to the house and I heated up the food. I was supposed to be sharing it with F I thought. He made a beeline to the washroom and was still there when I filled a plate for myself. He was still in there when I came back downstairs with my empty plate and washed it. I asked him through the door if he wanted some of the chicken and since he didn’t I put it away. 

I watched the Australian Tourist show I like and then settled in for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1. I haven’t seen this one in ages and I really enjoyed seeing it again. I did a bit of knitting during the movie and F and I gradually got a bit friendlier during the evening. 

I took a shower after the movie finished and came back upstairs with a non-alcoholic drink. I think I bought it 2 years ago for New Years or something! It was okay. 


That is about that. Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow as I have free time now the column is done. Should I do some Postcrossing or start a new crochet project?  Not sure.  Come back later and see.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: