February 10, 2020

Monday - Cold and snowy

I got up this morning and watched the news for a bit before getting dressed and then turning on the Academy Awards. I didn’t watch too much of the pre-show, saw a bit, but I needed to get ready for the real thing.

I really liked it this year.  No one film seemed to dominate things and Joker didn’t win as many awards as everyone thought it would. I’m pleased about Parasite winning, but sad for me as I can’t see it with Japanese subtitles because I wouldn’t understand it. Sign. I was also happy to see Brad Pitt winning for Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, although I’d give him an Oscar for just being Brad Pitt. 

After the awards, I went downstairs and brought my lunch upstairs. I ate while watching a little bit of TV from the DVR.

I went out to do some snow shovelling around 4 pm. K had been very stupid and had caused a lot of snow to fall down from the roof.  She likes to poke it with sticks. She’s a little old lady and could get crushed or hurt by all the snow. I did F’s parking space and the bit around the house. K came out to talk to me but I wasn’t too nice to her just then.

Flash forward to 6:45 or so.  F arrives at the house and immediately goes to bed. “He didn’t feel well.” That was lovely since he was supposed to cook dinner tonight. I even asked him last night if he would be okay and he said he would.  While F retired to his fainting couch (okay, bed, but not as sarcastic), I got to make the nabe for dinner tonight. I put some of the meat in the freezer and cooked much of the other stuff.  We had a hacksai nabe with some chicken balls, tofu, mushrooms and a soup made of vegetable consommé. It was nice!

Of course, it was just K and me for dinner. F didn’t come down.  I got to do the cooking and the clean up. I feel so special. One good thing was I listened to a podcast for most of the cleaning, so that was good.

I came upstairs. F was awake, but in bed. Happily, he wasn’t using his phone or computer which was good as I would have been very upset with that. I spent the next few hours watching TV or shows off the DVR.  I took a shower around 11 pm and then came back upstairs.

I’ve been reading things on the net and sort of getting ready for bed. My stomach feels a bit off but I don’t know if that is because of today’s food or yesterday’s? I hope neither.


I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. It’s a national holiday and I really hope that we are able to do something fun if F feels up to it. Come back later if you will and see what we end up doing. Until tomorrow…..

No comments: