February 11, 2020

Tuesday - Warmer and clear

I woke up early and went downstairs, came back to bed. F had obviously fallen asleep with his computer on his chest. I think he woke up enough to close it while I was gone.

I came back to bed and slept a bit longer. My alarm went off around 9 but I didn’t get up. I went back to sleep. Oops, bad me. F was still sleeping mostly, so we had a cuddle.

My alarm went off at 11 as usual and I got up. This time I stayed up and watched a bit of TV. F finally dragged himself out of bed around 1 pm I think. He went downstairs and made lunch for his mother.

When he came back up it was already 2 pm. He wanted to go somewhere for my lunch but all the nice places would be finished lunch. This making his mother lunch before we go out just sucks for me. I don’t mind him making her food, just wish he’d get up earlier to do it.

As I’d had a bad stomach last night I wanted something fairly gentle on my stomach, so I asked for Udon Ichi. He wasn’t too happy with me at first, but we did go there and had a really nice lunch. I had plain udon with a rice dish that wasn’t greasy, so was probably good for me. He had udon and a tempura type thing.

After that, I suggested a few things. I wanted to go to a hundred yen shop because I wanted to get a new soap dispenser for the bathroom. The one I had was a branded one and it has basically stopped pumping. I could get another soap bottle from the store, but we don’t need it since I have a lot of soap at the moment.  We found the hundred yen shop, got a bottle after a lot of searching. We also picked up a bag to use as a car garbage. One of F’s mysteriously went missing.  On the way out of the store, I asked F to ask about the towel that I had ordered.  The store clerk didn’t know about it at first, but then another one found it for us. I was worried because they kept asking for the original brochure, but I didn’t have it. Turns out, I’d given it to the store, so it was okay. I got my new pink face towel, so we got back into line to pay for it!

F didn’t want to go anywhere just then, so we went back to the house. I’m not sure if he actually slept, but he seemed to be in bed for a while. I watched TV and did my computer stuff.

Around 6:30 he started talking about dinner. His suggestion was to get bentos and eat at the house. I suggested taking his mother out with us and going to a Chinese restaurant. F picked the place, a restaurant on the other side of the big park. 

We all bundled into the car and went to the place. We sat on tatami which isn’t my favourite, but whatever.  K ordered ramen, which meant we wouldn’t be sharing dishes. F had his usual yucky starchy yakisoba and I had a stir-fry pork-egg and veggies dish. It was mostly okay until I ate a bit of egg and it crunched. Yup, someone had left eggshell in my dish. My next mouthful had it too, so I got a napkin from F and spat it out into the napkin. I examined every piece of egg from then on, but thankfully didn’t find any more. 

K had a bit of a thing tonight too. When she was putting on her boots, she overbalanced and crashed into the wall. She didn't fall all the way down, but I was really worried about her for a bit.

When we left I asked F if he’d told the waitress about the eggshell in my dish and he claimed not to have known about it.  Half of it was sitting on my plate, the other half was in a napkin!  What did he think I was doing with it?

We dropped K off at the house and then F and I went out. We had coffee at Starbucks, actually Frappuccinos. I had the Valentine’s one with almonds and pralines, F had the Milk Tea and chocolate one. They were good.  We were also given free samples of their Cafe Misto with chocolate syrup…yum!

We did a grocery shop next, I got a few things for dinner tomorrow night. I’ve decided to make bangers and mash again, so I got some nice looking sausages (too small though really) and some potatoes.  I hope it goes over well tomorrow. 

We came back to the house and I watched a bit of TV.  I have to try and clear space on the DVR as there is yet another film on tomorrow afternoon that I want to watch.  I do wish that F would watch things with me, but these days he is obsessed with YouTube and not communicating with me. 

And that was my day. It wasn’t too bad actually, I just feel that we wasted so much of the morning sleeping.  Even though I love sleeping in, I often feel better about myself when I get out of bed and do things!  I didn’t really sleep-in the whole time I was in Niigata…sort of crazy really!


Tomorrow I’m cooking dinner in that freezing kitchen and probably doing laundry. There are lots of other things I need to be doing, we’ll see what happens with that. Come back later if you like and see what I actually get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: