February 15, 2020

Saturday - Gloomy and cloudy

F and I slept in quite late this morning. I had set my alarm for earlyish but slept through them. I did get up around 11 though. F stayed in bed. He wasn’t sleeping, he was watching videos on his computer.

Around 11:30 I started to get a bit annoyed that he wasn’t up, so encouraged him to get moving. My dental appointment was at 2 and I needed lunch before then. I suggested a restaurant, F liked it, and he invited his mother. We were all in the car around 12:15 or so and got to the nearly empty restaurant.  

We had a lovely meal there. F had the 10 small dishes lunch, K had the Ham Cutlet lunch, and I had Chicken Soboro lunch. That’s ground chicken with a small amount of spice on rice. It’s quite nice and I usually have it there.

We drove K back to the house after lunch. I brushed my teeth and then F and I headed out to the dentist’s office.  After a very brief wait, I was shown to the office and she did….actually, I have no idea what the purpose of today’s visit was. They were making moulds of my teeth…but I thought they did that last time.  She gave me anesthetic and drilled somewhere in my mouth, but I don’t really know why! Anyway, we were out of there in an hour and that was fine with me.

Since I couldn’t eat or drink yet, and we didn’t have any plans, we decided to go to the Chido Museum for a while.  We went in and had a nice little tour. Their new display was a bunch of miniatures, probably for the Hina Matsuri, but they didn’t seem as old.  It was fine really. We visited the garden and one of the other buildings today too.
This is a panorama view of the pond from outside.

From one of the buildings looking out the window.

F taking a panorama view of the garden, captured by me!
The sign does say it is okay to take photos, but even if it wasn't, I was taking a pic of him!

After our tour of the museum, we decided to hit an early show at Mikawa, so we needed to get K a bento or something. We went to the grocery store and picked up a few things. After that, we delivered them and F heated them up for her.  She said she was going to eat them right away, at 4ish, but F got a little mad when she didn’t start to eat! 

We drove off to the mall. My mouth and jaw were still quite frozen and I wasn’t sure if and what I could eat. F wanted food from the food court so I was limited to either bibinba or udon. I chose bibinba.  He had yakisoba and okonomiyaki. His looked so small, I was worried that he didn’t eat enough. Of course, I could only take tiny bites at first, so I couldn’t eat very fast at all. By the time I got to the end of my meal though, most of the freezing was gone. I debated having popcorn too but decided against it.

We went to see 1917 and it was really good. I’m not a war movie fan, but the last two movies I have seen have been about wars, and I’ve liked them both! They are John Wayne movies, that’s for sure. F seemed to like the film too.

After the movie, we drove back to Tsuruoka and to the house. I suggested that we walk to the local temple since we hadn't made our Hatsumode yet this year. It was a nice night for a walk. We got there, did our thing and then came back to the house. We came up to the room, I had to refill the kerosene tank, but no big deal.  We’ve had a quiet evening. I watched a little TV, F went to bed. He’s saying if he gets up he’ll take his mother to the onsen in the morning. I hope he does, but if it is too early, I’m not getting up!

And…that’s it basically. I’m not sure what we’ll do tomorrow. F wants to go to the onsen and we’re planning to go to the Aquarium for the free concert in the late afternoon. This performer is really good and we saw him last year, or two years ago.  I hope we manage not to argue this time!

Come back later and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: